• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Planning to warm over my 2.8l

JunkCollector

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85, '88, '91
Make / Model
B2, B2, Ranger
My credo
Local RBV "expert"
Found a source for a 2.8 4bbl manifold and carb, and am planning a duraspark conversion if I can get the intake/carb for cheap. What kind of power boost can I expect? I later plan on swapping the valve seals out, as it is smoking a bit, and sticking a cam in it. What kind of power can I expect from it with and without the camshaft? I'm planning on a comp cams high-torque grind.

I can't find any stock size piston rings, are they even available? There isn't really much left for these engines, but I don't want to try to wire in a 4.0l to a carbureted truck, much less make it work with a tk4/5 trans. Should I just bite the bullet and find an explorer and rip the axles/engine out? I know already where I can possibly get one, though it's mated to an automatic.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals