• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'stang motor mounts for under $100???

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so I've been looking for fox body motor mounts to swap the 302 into my 84 BII 4x4. cheapest i've found so far is "prothane motion control 6-501" mounts from summit for $95 + shipping. next is "energy suspension 4-1122R" mounts from jegs for $129 + shipping.

Anyone know of a better deal, or have some to sell? Thanks :icon_thumby:

yes, i know about the homemade swap plates. i was going to go this route originally, but after i got my motor out i noticed my stock mounts are really spongy.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
NAPA.......around $40 for both.

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
Yes, nothing wrong with stockers.
The preferred design is the Fox vert, which is the same as '94/'95 Mustang, and Lincoln Mark VII LSC. Just different style than Fox coupe.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
x2, 85 mustang convert

so this is the best year to ask for? i must have had a big-time brain-fart, i forgot about the auto part stores. haha, i don't think i have asked for an "84 bronco II" part for my '84 BII in years. :icon_rofl:

thanks everyone! :icon_thumby:

88mudder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
so this is the best year to ask for? i must have had a big-time brain-fart, i forgot about the auto part stores. haha, i don't think i have asked for an "84 bronco II" part for my '84 BII in years. :icon_rofl:

thanks everyone! :icon_thumby:
I think all foxbody mounts will work, but from what ive heard the convertible mounts are stronger.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
just to follow up, i went to an auto parts store and got '85 stang 'vert mounts. about $50 total.

t_dickie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I used stock Ranger V6 mounts, and made new mounting plates from some scrap iron I had around the shop. 4 banger mounts won't hold up, they aren't solid rubber like the V6 mounts.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I used stock Ranger V6 mounts, and made new mounting plates from some scrap iron I had around the shop. 4 banger mounts won't hold up, they aren't solid rubber like the V6 mounts.

yeah, i had a big 'ol chunk of steel to do just that. but after 300,000+ miles, my stock 2.8 mounts were so spongy I could wiggle them around quite a bit with just my hands.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
In addition to what everyone else has added, SN95 mounts or 95 mustang GT mounts. 50 for the pair is what I paid. Yet to install them, but from what ice read on RPS they will allow you to situate the motor farther back than the fox body mounts in order to achieve around 1.5inches more accessory clearance. (if I remember correctly!)

sdjr

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
302 cubic inches
Transmission
Manual
$45 for the pair at Kragen/O'Reilley.

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
In addition to what everyone else has added, SN95 mounts or 95 mustang GT mounts. 50 for the pair is what I paid. Yet to install them, but from what ice read on RPS they will allow you to situate the motor farther back than the fox body mounts in order to achieve around 1.5inches more accessory clearance. (if I remember correctly!)
SN95 GT mounts ('94/'95) are the same part number as Fox vert mounts, Lincoln Mark VII LSC, and others, just FYI.

doc holley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 liter
Transmission
Manual
it all depends on what kind of 5.0 you are using what it came out of as to which motor mounts will fit im in the middle of a 302 swap using a motor from a late 70's ltd and i had to use '75 mustang motor mounts but different vehicles have different style motor mounts unless you are changing the piece that holds the mount to the motor in some motors this part is detachable some it isnt

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals