• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I am almost ashamed to admit this...

moogvo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L Mustang engine
Transmission
Automatic
So a month or so ago, I found my old Trooper for sale on Craigslist and I really wanted it back. I put my B2 up for sale to get the money to buy it. I sold it and then went and looked at the trooper. I was instantly sorry I had sold the B2. This is the B2 that I had done the heads, transfer case and a LOT of other work to. It still looked bad, but it ran like a new one and had brand new tires.

I called the guy back that I sold it to and asked if he would sell it back to me at a higher price than he bought it from me for, but he wouldn't budge.

Now, I am sitting here missing my B2. I want another one so bad, but I know that it won't be nearly as good as the one I sold, and I will have to pay a lot more for one than I sold mine for.

:bawling:

My impulsive behavior has once again bitten me on the dupa.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
So did you end up buying the Trooper? I certainly wouldn't fault you for it. My '91 was a good vehicle, and my parents had their '92 until almost 300k miles (before they gave it away, still running).

Bronco 2's are fun, no doubt about it. They're also not particularly valuable, so as long as you're patient and make the hunt a game/project rather than an emotional purchase, you'll eventually find a great deal on the right one.

moogvo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L Mustang engine
Transmission
Automatic
No. I didn't buy the Trooper. it just wasn't the same truck I sold 3 years ago. There was a LOT of age on her in the 20k miles it had been driven since I sold it. All of the clear coat was gone, the motor has leaks and is weak and the clutch was messed up. It was SPOTLESS when I had it and I could NEVER bring it back to the way it was. I sold it in the first place because my 03 Silverado needed a transmission and that was the only way I could afford to fix it... Needed the truck more than the troop.

I felt guilty turning and walking away from it... kind of like finding your long lost dog and then turning your back on him because had bald spots... I get pretty attached to my vehicles.

I will miss "Buddy Bronco" as my 6 year old named it.

Okay... Granted, he needed a paint job, but he was AWESOME!

DAMN!

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Don't worry man. You'll find another one.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
ouch.....yeah, i would've gone to see if the trooper was gonna be worth it before i put the b2 up for sale.

donty worry, you'll find another one

moogvo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L Mustang engine
Transmission
Automatic
ouch.....yeah, i would've gone to see if the trooper was gonna be worth it before i put the b2 up for sale.

donty worry, you'll find another one
You are CORRECT! Lesson learned... AGAIN!

I am on the hunt for another one. I can be patient and wait for exactly what I want this time... As long as I can find what I want for $1500.00. my wife isn't too thrilled with my buying another one. She says that we have enough vehicles... You can NEVER have "enough vehicles"!

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
you can def find one for under that around here. i check the auto parts everyday on c-list, i'll let you know if i find a good one.

jhammel85

That's why I cant ever get rid of mine. I've done it in the past with other cars and I still regret it.

You'll get another! Just keep looking!

BTW...I love Gears!

moogvo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L Mustang engine
Transmission
Automatic
Oops... double post! Sorry!

Last edited:

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16

moogvo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L Mustang engine
Transmission
Automatic
you can def find one for under that around here. i check the auto parts everyday on c-list, i'll let you know if i find a good one.
Please do! I am looking and will happily come to Raleigh to get one. I know I can take my time on this, so here is what I am looking for... 86 up B2 5 speed manual T-case. AC... doesn't have to work, but it does need to have it. I am pretty easy on the colors, but I would like to find one in good shape that is road worthy. While I am asking a lot, I know that I will find it if I am patient...

Incidentally, I have made a friend near Raleigh that has a collection of MANY B2s and Rangers. He is willing to sell parts and has several complete vehicles. If you are in need of ANYTHNIG, I am sure he has at LEAST one of them. This guy is the JACKPOT of B2 stuff. He has a nice complete 88 EB B2 in red and tan. I thought about buying that and doing a motor swap... I really don't want to have to do anything that in-depth tho.

moogvo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L Mustang engine
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah. I saw that one. I don't know what "Mechanical Knowledge" I would need since he doesn't say what is wrong with it. I don't want something I have to work on every time I want to drive it. It's also automatic... I would rather have a 5 speed.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals