Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'AgPete139'
September 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'alexp11'
September 2014 MTOTM

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Styling & Electrical > Lighting/Illumination

Lighting/Illumination This forum is for headlamps, auxillary lighting, interior lighting, and LED conversions.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
stantonxr7

Vehicle Year: 1994 Ranger 4.0
Vehicle Make: 1968 Cougar XR7
Vehicle Model: 1980 Suzuki GS 550 E 1993 Arctic Cat Jag
stantonxr7 is on a distinguished road
Default Turn signals not working right emergency flashers

Hey guys new to the site because I need a question answered.

I have a 94 ranger 4.0 5spd 2wd and the right turn signal doesn't work correctly. The left turn signal works continuously and is fine; but the right only works intermittently. I can almost always get it to turn on by turning the wheel two clicks to the right by hearing the turn signal canceller click. The times it won't work it shows the dash light stuck in the on position like their might be a burnt bulb but again as you continue turning the wheel it always comes on.

But.... Even when the turn signal is working (both front and back) both of the tailights are flashing as well. The emergency flasher was bad and replaced that. The emergency flashers work fine now, but the tailights flash the miscellaneous times that the turn signal actually kicks on.

Also, when the cruise is on going down interstate the cruise control is cancelled when I turn 0n the right turn signal. Left turn signal and cruise no problems, only right.

I was thinking that it could be in the combination switch (heard that there could be a loose wire so I wiggled them all and couldn't get any change in condition). Thinking it could be flasher units but checked those both seem to be good now. Checked every fuse-all good. Could it be in my trailer lights wiring. This problem just started long after the trailer hook up was wired.

Help me out with the probably simple solution guys!!!!
stantonxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 05-06-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
martin

Vehicle Year: 1984 1991
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: b2 explorer
martin is just really nicemartin is just really nicemartin is just really nicemartin is just really nice

If you have a trailer connector the problem is probably where it connects into the harness.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
stantonxr7

Vehicle Year: 1994 Ranger 4.0
Vehicle Make: 1968 Cougar XR7
Vehicle Model: 1980 Suzuki GS 550 E 1993 Arctic Cat Jag
stantonxr7 is on a distinguished road

thanks, ended up being bad factory trailer harness. everything looked good but somewhere internally it went bad.
stantonxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
kimcrwbr1

Vehicle Year: 1983
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger
I use this vehicle for: DD tow boat
kimcrwbr1 is a name known to allkimcrwbr1 is a name known to allkimcrwbr1 is a name known to allkimcrwbr1 is a name known to allkimcrwbr1 is a name known to allkimcrwbr1 is a name known to all

cool I was going to say take the trailer harness out of the loop and see if everything works.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #5
CSyd77

Vehicle Year: 1988/1993
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: collecting dust/DD
CSyd77 is on a distinguished road

had the same thing happen to me in my 93, turned out to be a loose connection when i spliced in the resistor for my LEDs
Old 09-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
trish

Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: hummer
Vehicle Model: h2
trish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantonxr7 View Post
Hey guys new to the site because I need a question answered.

I have a 94 ranger 4.0 5spd 2wd and the right turn signal doesn't work correctly. The left turn signal works continuously and is fine; but the right only works intermittently. I can almost always get it to turn on by turning the wheel two clicks to the right by hearing the turn signal canceller click. The times it won't work it shows the dash light stuck in the on position like their might be a burnt bulb but again as you continue turning the wheel it always comes on.

But.... Even when the turn signal is working (both front and back) both of the tailights are flashing as well. The emergency flasher was bad and replaced that. The emergency flashers work fine now, but the tailights flash the miscellaneous times that the turn signal actually kicks on.

Also, when the cruise is on going down interstate the cruise control is cancelled when I turn 0n the right turn signal. Left turn signal and cruise no problems, only right.

I was thinking that it could be in the combination switch (heard that there could be a loose wire so I wiggled them all and couldn't get any change in condition). Thinking it could be flasher units but checked those both seem to be good now. Checked every fuse-all good. Could it be in my trailer lights wiring. This problem just started long after the trailer hook up was wired.

Help me out with the probably simple solution guys!!!!
It could be the bulbs are burnt out and have to replace them. I just replaced one of my front blinker lights. When one is burnt out the indicator flashing light on the dash board blinks very fast when I put it on for a turn.
trish is offline   Reply With Quote