Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > Mazda B-Series Specific

Mazda B-Series Specific Addressing issues specific to the Mazda B-Series trucks

Old 01-31-2018, 04:01 PM   #11
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Making money and being broke.
adsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to adsm08

It sounds like you just aren't getting fuel. The pump may be going out. Test fuel pressure.

Project: Amazing Grace

Project: Cash 'N Carry

Project: 12-Volt Sandwich, project finished

Project: Birthday Present

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Hunger looks very much like evil from the wrong end of the cutlery.
I like it when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind.
adsm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Rock Auto Discount Code: 20B2FF503DCF74 Expires: September 28, 2018
Old 01-31-2018, 05:12 PM   #12
B Series

Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Mazda
Vehicle Model: B2500
B Series is on a distinguished road

Hi, does anyone know what OBDII Protocal Mazda B2500 use? Is it a Japanese Protocol or Ford Diagnostic Communication Protocol? Need to know this to buy a compatible OBDll Diagnostic Tool.

2) What is the Correct Position of The Red Button in The Fuel Shut of Switch? Is the working Position Depressed? Thanks
B Series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:58 PM   #13
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

adsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond repute

Should be a Ford protocol on the B series.

Down is the correct position for the switch.

Quote:
I like it when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:00 PM   #14
B Series

Default Does 00 B2500 have Crank Shaft Synchronizer & Sensor or Camshaft Sensor?

Hi friend, Thank you adsm08
for the answer too bad you are so far away.
Had no fuel pressure coming from schrader valve on fuel rail, no fuel squirted out. I moved the flatbed & changed the Fuel Pump (For me it was easier than dropping the fuel tank without a lift & proper support jacks, for one person.) - it did had a worn little hose. Truck didn't start.
Left the bed back & Next day the truck started & sounded great except for a kind of brushing sound from behind the Time Belt Shroud. Now here is why I don't trust Mechanics: I while back I took the truck to a mechanic, I told him there was this swishing or brushing sound coming from behind the timing belt shroud, he looked at the engine and told me - my engine looked so clean - there was nothing to worry about. I asked him how much it would be to change belts and check for the noise and he said "Don't worry it's nothing, you don't need to change your belts".

Well I still have that sound, so I had someone change the bottom bearing pulley looked like there was enough play I thought better safe than sorry, changed the belt too. The noise was still there but the truck appeared to run great, the so called mechanic said: Its nothing to worry about, you can drive it that way for a while. Next day it started & I drove it to a near by park. On my way home the truck just died in the middle of the road with not a sound. Coasted the truck to park it at the corner.
Crank, No Spark, No Start. When I turned the key to ON there was no movement in the RPM, No Check Engine Light.
I found No Blown Fuses. Are there 2 Fuse Boxes on this truck, 1 in the Engine Compartment
and 1 in the Cab? By the Driver's Side? My good volt meter leads came today, so I will Test the Relays.

4 Days Later truck started but engine ran really bad, shaky, rough. I didn't try to drive it.

Research refers to similar sound from the Time Belt Area attributes it to a Crank Shaft Synchronizer & sensor. Others attribute it to a Cam Shaft Sensor? Does my truck have any of these? Where?

I've swapped out the MAF, new Battery, IAC, EGR Valve, TPS, Oxygen Sensors, Fuel Pump. I'd cry but that won't help, instead I bought I multi-voltmeter & light tester, a pressure guage but don't know how to use them yet.
Currently changing the spark plugs.

Last edited by B Series; 03-05-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #15
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

Your engine probably does have the Cam synrco/sensor assembly, but I am not familiar enough with that engine to know exactly where they are.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #16
B Series

Default How Many Sensors On 00 B2500SE 2.5L

Thank you,
Been trying to find out with 00 Mazda B2500 parts diagrams & the Haynes Repair Manual but its not clear.
Anyone have any idea how many Sensors are on this 00 Mazda B2500SE 2.5L 4 Cyl SOHC
VIN:4F4YR12C0YTM14175 ?

Last edited by B Series; 03-05-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #17
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

Yeah, its one of those parts that I could probably find fairly quickly with the truck in front of me, but I don't really have the ability to tell someone else where to look for it.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2018, 02:50 PM   #18
B Series

If I knew how to video conference I'd put on a GO Pro on my head & you see & instruct me like ROBO Surgery lol
Old 03-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #19
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

If nobody else chimes in on this actually knowing where it is, and I get a chance tonight I'll check out the wife's car when she gets home. Her's has a 2.3, which is the same thing, so if I can find it there I can probably give you a good description.

Here is a link to a listing for the part with pictures.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/f...on+sensor,7196

Quote: