Home Ford Ranger Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum  

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Special Interest Vehicle Use > Public Safety

Public Safety Fire, EMS, Law Enforcement & Security

Old 04-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #21
IRKB

Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Emergency Response Vehicle
IRKB is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Last thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmerr98 View Post
I've got almost 20 years with the local Gas & Water Dept. Started out on a sewer camera crew, dump truck driver/water ditch dog, equipment operator (loved it, wrecked my back), crew chief, and for the last five years water treatment plant operator.

I was a soldier for 9 years before that (heavy wheel mechanic, but not a great one), so getting close to 30 years of public service. Sure goes by fast.
AMEN, Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IRKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

SPRING ONLINE MAGAZINE!

Check out the latest articles

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #22
Firefighter Flareon

Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle Model: Ranger Tremor 4x4
I use this vehicle for: Emergency Response
My credo: Never leave your partner
Firefighter Flareon is on a distinguished road

Firefighter/Emergency medical responder. I'm still considered a rookie, 2 years under my belt. But through out high school and up until 22 I was in Law enforcement explorers and Civil Air Patrol. Firefighting Law Enforcement run deep in my family so there was no decision where I would end up.
Firefighter Flareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:40 PM   #23
mnfirefighter

Vehicle Year: 94
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger
mnfirefighter is on a distinguished road

Rookie here as well in the field. I have three years as a volunteer firefighter and EMS in my town. I wouldn't change it for anything.
mnfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:50 AM   #24
Will
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: When I can't ride a motorcycle.
Will has much to be proud ofWill has much to be proud ofWill has much to be proud ofWill has much to be proud ofWill has much to be proud ofWill has much to be proud ofWill has much to be proud ofWill has much to be proud ofWill has much to be proud of

I was never a police or firefighter. I was a Marine Security Guard. I was in Sierra Leone and in Paris, France. We wore black gear, as we called it, during normal hours. We were the police. In Paris 3,000 people worked in the embassy and we had 7 buildings throughout the city and 31 Marines to deal with them--maybe 5 on duty at a time during peak hours.. The consulate was the worst. People being denied permission to visit their loved ones in the USA and American citizens having been robbed--plus US servicemen stationed in Europe and having gotten into trouble in Paris--lots of conflict. Lots of angry people. We wore police gear during the day but after hours it was back to the Marine Corps look. Either way, we carried the S&W Model 19 357 and a Remington 870. We also had Ruger AC556--which is a full-auto version of the Mini-14. We used PR24s and pepper spray, but I never used the pepper spray because cleaning people up sucks too much. If you spray them, you have to clean them up. Just hit them a few more times.

The building's fire alarm system was in our office. We had lots of alarms, but all were false. In every case it would be a Frenchman smoking where he shouldn't have been. We weren't allowed to shoot them.

In Sierra Leone the job was all different. Very different. Middle of a civil war. Child soldiers chopping people to shreds with machetes. Total horror show. It's where I met my wife back in '93 and we've been married ever since.

'09 Mazdaspeed COBB Tuning

'14 ZX1000M; '09 TU250X; '79 XLS1000
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:55 AM   #25
bobbywalter
RBV Technical Advisor

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: RANGERISH SORT OF THING
I use this vehicle for: EVERYTHING
My credo: it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
bobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to behold

interesting old thread.
88 ranger ext cab low rider 4x4 propelled by 395 cubes of of non turbo SLOBBERIN DIESEL...BLAHHH...motating a 4l80 thats AUTHORITATIVELY turnin a ford 208 spinning 410 open dana 60s and whatever tire suits the mood that day. how ya like me now?
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:49 AM   #26
2002edgeplussupercab

Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Model: Ranger EdgePlus SuperCab, Black
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver, camper tow
My credo: To each his own.
2002edgeplussupercab is on a distinguished road

4.5 years USAF. Cold war Europe issues.
12 years Deputy Sheriff. It sucked.
19 years Healthcare Security. Very interesting.
2002edgeplussupercab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:32 PM   #27
Bustedup

Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: RANGER 2.5
Bustedup is on a distinguished road

Retired after 26 years as a Peace Officer in Alabama. Did 8 years as a sheriff's deputy and 18 as a police officer. Did it all: Riot Platoon, Polygraph Examiner, FTO, SWAT(member, leader, commander), Special Operations Sergeant, Firearms Instructor, RADAR Instructor, Use of Force Instructor, Patrol Sergeant, Explorer Advisor, Investigator, etc. Took early retirement after getting run over by an old man in a RANGER while on my motorcycle(off duty). Lost 18 units of blood and 16 months of my life and eventually a leg because of it. I recovered, did enough years to get my basic pension and retired out.
Bustedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:52 AM   #28
BryanG

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: Bronco II
BryanG is on a distinguished road

Working on my 23rd year as a Paramedic with 2 more years as a volunteer EMT before taking a full time position. Have worked for the same 911 service throughout. Did 5 years as a PRN flight paramedic on a BK117 as well. Loved the flying. Would love to call it a career and try something else but at 43 I'm not excited about starting over and really don't know what else I could do. Can't complain though it's let me raise a family and live pretty decent.
BryanG is offline   Reply With Quote