Home Ford Ranger Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum  

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Supporting Vendors: > Illusive Design & Fabrications

Old 07-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
slammedxonair

Vehicle Year: 91 and 00
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: explorer and ranger
slammedxonair is on a distinguished road
Default Hello and Welcome to Illusive Design & Fabrications

First off I would like to thank the ranger station for allowing me to be a new site vendor, now on with the show.

Hello everybody, my name is Brian Riggs and I own Illusive Design and Fabrications (www.illusivefabrications.com). IDF specializes in air ride suspension, lowering kits, sheetmetal parts, shaved door kits and lots of other custom automotive accessories. We also have a sign and advertising department that is more of a local business but i advertise this online as well.

The IDF web site has a retail store full of air ride parts and other custom related accessories. We carry all the leading air suspension brands in the industry as well as being a Grant Kustoms sheetmetal products authorized dealer. If there is something you are interested in and do not see on the web store please feel free to email me, i try to upload parts as offten as i have time. The web site also includes a photo gallery of installations, custom built parts, shows, and other random pictures. Users can also upload pictures of there vehicles. I am debating on bringing the forums back as well but im not sure just yet.

Our metal services available include but are not limited to; CNC plasma cutting flat plate & round tube, flat plate bending, tube bending, and mig and tig welding by a certified welder. These processes allow us to build one off brackets tabs and signs in house.

The Vinyl decals, banners, and signs are also available along with business cards, flyers, posters, cd inserts, yard signs, magnets, and a whole range of promotional products customized for your company or organization.

Thanks you your support!

Brian Riggs
Illusive Design & Fabrications
www.illusivefabrications.com
brian@illusivefabrications.com
440-320-9180
myspace.com/slammedxonair

4-Link Kits, Bag Brackets, C-notches

DJM Lowering Kits, Doetsch Shocks, Autoloc, Viair, SMC, Slam Specialties, Contitech, Firestone, Air Lift, & many others
slammedxonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

SPRING ONLINE MAGAZINE!

Check out the latest articles

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
Boggin

Vehicle Model: 89 bronco ii
I use this vehicle for: going inappropriate places
Boggin is a splendid one to beholdBoggin is a splendid one to beholdBoggin is a splendid one to beholdBoggin is a splendid one to beholdBoggin is a splendid one to beholdBoggin is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Boggin Send a message via MSN to Boggin

i like the looks of your site, welcome to our forum!
05 F250 - 6.0, 6 speed, deleted by RCD, SCT tuned, blue spring, sinister coolant filter, dummy plugs/stand pipes, Atlas 80 ficm, afe intake, 4" turbo back straight to 5" mitre cuts, 6" lift with rear air bags, 35" pro comps
04 Ranger 4.0 4x4 - stock
02 Duramax - afe intake, Super chip, straight pipe
93 W 250 12v cummins - stage 5 fuel pin
Lots of past rbv's
"Dont know how to drive automatic"- Chance. RIP Buddy.
Boggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
JohnnyU
"Outlaw"

Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle Make: Chevrolet
Vehicle Model: Trailblazer SS
JohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard Brian!

I have a question for you right off the bat. I have a set of Air-Lift bags in the rear of my Dodge. I have a separate compressor and tank on-board as well. I'm looking for some type of gauge/controller unit so that I can control the pressure in the bags from inside the cab instead of using the two valves mounted at the rear of the truck. I've seen the Air-Lift brand controllers, but haven't been able to find them separate from a whole package with compressor, tank, etc. Can you help me out there?

Thanks,
John.

Earth Resin Offroad
JohnnyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
slammedxonair

That shouldn't be too much of a problem at all. First do you know what size air line is on the truck? if its a load helper kit I would probably guess 1/4" also are the valves on it allready electric or manual? Could you post a picture of them as well? I will do my best to help you out with this. Thanks for the interest.

DJM Lowering Kits, Doetsch Shocks, Autoloc, Viair, SMC, Slam Specialties, Contitech, Firestone, Air Lift, & many others
Old 07-24-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
JohnnyU
"Outlaw"

JohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Brian.

Currently, the lines are 1/4" with the push-lock type fittings on them. There is a Shrader valve at the end of each line, at the rear bumper. It's the "basic installation" as far as I can tell. I just wanted to upgrade a bit to give myself some in-cab adjustability.

I'm concerned though, that having the lines connected at all might allow for increased roll when cornering with a heavy load or trailer. I'm sure that's already been thought of by some means or another.

Thanks for the help!

Earth Resin Offroad

Last edited by JohnnyU; 07-25-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
slammedxonair

well you would deffinatly want an independant control for each bag to stop the air transfer. I will look and see what I can come up with for you as far as a basic control panel would be and I allways have the normal electric options as well. Ill try to have an answer for you in the next day or 2 as I have some things in the shop to work on. Btw its brian not brad ya had it right in the first post though lol.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
JohnnyU
"Outlaw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedxonair View Post
well you would deffinatly want an independant control for each bag to stop the air transfer. I will look and see what I can come up with for you as far as a basic control panel would be and I allways have the normal electric options as well. Ill try to have an answer for you in the next day or 2 as I have some things in the shop to work on. Btw its brian not brad ya had it right in the first post though lol.
Brian,

Thanks for the help!

Sorry about that, I wasn't paying any attention to what name I was typing I guess.

Earth Resin Offroad
Old 07-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #8
slammedxonair

Ok This is what I think would be you best bet to go with http://www.easystreetair.com/index.a...ROD&ProdID=479 The price would be $128.08 and I can give you free shipping on it. It includes individual switches for each bag and a dual needle gauge to let you know where your at with the pressure. And as a bonus I'll throw in 30ft of 1/4" air line to help you re-route your air system. If this is what you are looking for send me an email to brian@illusivefabrications.com and we can get you squared away with payment. I am showing 4 of those panels in stock as well. Thanks.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:35 PM   #9
deankelly

Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: ranger 97 T-Bird IRS 98 Expo engine/trans
I use this vehicle for: Daily driver / project
My credo: The answer is always NO, if you don't ask!
deankelly is on a distinguished road

Hello Brian. I don't if you still monitor this page.

I am interested in bagging the front and rear of my '96 Ranger. The front is stock, the rear is a '97 t-bird IRS. I have installed a 5.0 with drivetrain. Two wheel drive.

Any suggestions?

Dean Kelly
deankelly is offline   Reply With Quote