Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'AgPete139'
September 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'alexp11'
September 2014 MTOTM

Old 04-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
speedfreak87

speedfreak87 is on a distinguished road
Default Stupid question.. Bed tent for the Ranger??

Not sure this belongs here, but it's in the camping section so I guess it does..

Anyway, I want to camp more because I'm getting sick of being around people.. lol! so instead of getting a regular tent and sleeping on the ground, I want to use my truck bed, what is a decent bed tent that will fit rangers? I see tons of tents, but nothing that is specific for the ranger.
speedfreak87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Mazda

Vehicle Year: 94
Vehicle Make: Mazda
Vehicle Model: B2300
Mazda will become famous soon enough

GOOGLE !!!!!

Try camp rite truck tents...

I got mine from AutoAnything years ago....
Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
4.0B2
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Bronco II
I use this vehicle for: Taking my Money
4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute4.0B2 has a reputation beyond repute

why not build an offroad trailer with a roof top tent.. talk about sexiness there!

that way its easy to set up and you can store all your gear in the trailer, no loading and unloading... just hook up to the trailer and drive off!
4.0B2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
--weezl--
June 2011 OTOTM Winner

Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle Model: Ranger FX4 Level II
I use this vehicle for: stealing candy from babies, and sometimes driving to work
--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute

i am in the process of making a product for exactly what you're looking for, i can't say much right now, because of the stage of production it's at, but basically it will be a ranger specific tent for the bed... not sure on pricing just yet, i need to get bulk pricing from my supplier before i can calculate a cost and a retail, but initial impressions will be in the ballpark of the existing bed tents, less than a RTT, and much more durable than any of the above
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiranger View Post
I asked my girlfriend to measure it for me.. It's only an inch
check out my build thread
--weezl-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
Hagan
08/2013 OTOTM Winner

Vehicle Year: 1986
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Picking up the ladies!
Hagan will become famous soon enough

Why not just buy a canopy and use that? Its cheaper than a tent/trailer and they are waterproof and there isn't any setting up involved. I used to use a canopy on my old Ranger (it had a 7' bed though) and it worked perfectly. Just an option.

My 351w/zf5/np205 swap thread -> HERE
Hagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
speedfreak87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
Why not just buy a canopy and use that? Its cheaper than a tent/trailer and they are waterproof and there isn't any setting up involved. I used to use a canopy on my old Ranger (it had a 7' bed though) and it worked perfectly. Just an option.
Canopy? you talking about a camper shell? I've thought about one of those, but they are more then I'd like to spend at the moment.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
speedfreak87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
GOOGLE !!!!!

Try camp rite truck tents...

I got mine from AutoAnything years ago....

lol! Yes, google would probably have worked. Seems like every time I do google something for this truck, I get everything BUT things for this truck.. I will look into camp rite. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0B2 View Post
why not build an offroad trailer with a roof top tent.. talk about sexiness there!

that way its easy to set up and you can store all your gear in the trailer, no loading and unloading... just hook up to the trailer and drive off!
I don't cap enough to justify a trailer like that, although it would be sweet to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
i am in the process of making a product for exactly what you're looking for, i can't say much right now, because of the stage of production it's at, but basically it will be a ranger specific tent for the bed... not sure on pricing just yet, i need to get bulk pricing from my supplier before i can calculate a cost and a retail, but initial impressions will be in the ballpark of the existing bed tents, less than a RTT, and much more durable than any of the above
Good luck, and let us know!
Old 04-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #8
Bennybooster

Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Driving over stuff
Bennybooster is a splendid one to beholdBennybooster is a splendid one to beholdBennybooster is a splendid one to beholdBennybooster is a splendid one to beholdBennybooster is a splendid one to beholdBennybooster is a splendid one to behold

Ask Nathan about the one he had, he really liked it
Old 05-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
nuclassic

Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Model: XLT flareside
I use this vehicle for: cruisin
nuclassic is on a distinguished road

Found one http://www.etrailer.com/Truck-Bed-Te...eid=2002971194
nuclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #10
LIMA BEAN

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Model: Ranger SXY
I use this vehicle for: Doing dirty deed's dirt cheap.
LIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak87 View Post
Not sure this belongs here, but it's in the camping section so I guess it does..

Anyway, I want to camp more because I'm getting sick of being around people.. lol! so instead of getting a regular tent and sleeping on the ground, I want to use my truck bed, what is a decent bed tent that will fit rangers? I see tons of tents, but nothing that is specific for the ranger.
Should put what truck you have in your profile.

"You have come to take our evil black guns? heh heh be right with ya there mister."
LIMA BEAN is offline   Reply With Quote