• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

new to TRS.

MvancE30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi names mike. i live in Nj and i have a lifted flare side 94 ranger. Just got in during the winter months basically for the snow. Its nothing special and kind of beat actually. 3l w/ 5spd manual trans. the PO put a 6 inch skyjacker lift kit and a 2inch body lift on it. it has 33's on it as well. which makes it as slow and terrible to drive as old 70's caddy. but it puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it which to any car guy, is the most important thing in a vehicle.

the clutch is finally starting to slip and it leaks oil so i was going to trade it for this 95 f250 but more i read on here, the more i think a v8 swap would be better. im decently enough mechanically that with some help and this forum i think i can pull it off. just wish it was an extended cab. :(

Ill post some pictures later on since i cant upload on my droid atm.

Last edited:

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Damn nice truck you got there dude, a V8 swap FTW. The body lift will help ya right along too. Make sure you make a built thread and take lots of pics. You will have no problem with V8 swap info here on the forums. Good luck with yoiur build and welcome to the addiction.:3gears:

jhammel85

Welcome! I'm also from Jersey..Nice Truck!!

I definitely say to do a V8 Swap if you've got the time / Money. You'd miss how small your Ranger is compared to an F250 (I would think)

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Damn nice truck you got there dude, a V8 swap FTW. The body lift will help ya right along too. Make sure you make a built thread and take lots of pics. You will have no problem with V8 swap info here on the forums. Good luck with yoiur build and welcome to the addiction.:3gears:
everything he said.... :icon_rofl:
sorry i'm lazy at the moment, eating ice cream and all..

WELCOME! build thread, and more pics ASAP

MvancE30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanks guys.yea only thing i havent come across is price estimates. but the swaps seem pretty straight forward compared to bmw swaps (thats what im into) pictures and videos will come tonight. and yea i like small vehicles i dont think id enjoy a truck twice as long as my car.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
thanks guys.yea only thing i havent come across is price estimates. but the swaps seem pretty straight forward compared to bmw swaps (thats what im into) pictures and videos will come tonight. and yea i like small vehicles i dont think id enjoy a truck twice as long as my car.
I can tell ya it should cost about the price of a donor truck, I'd get a 5.0 Explorer. It's a streight forward bolt on and if you want to go all out swap the rear axle too and you'll get rear disc brakes.:headbang: Just sayin.

MvancE30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I can tell ya it should cost about the price of a donor truck, I'd get a 5.0 Explorer. It's a streight forward bolt on and if you want to go all out swap the rear axle too and you'll get rear disc brakes.:headbang: Just sayin.
if i can i will replace the rear axle.what kind of miles can those motors withstand? (i know just because a motor has x amount of miles doesnt mean its good or bad but how its treated)

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals