• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The gun thread...

xr75er

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998/1994/
Make / Model
ford/dodge/ford
Engine Size
2.9 stock
Transmission
Automatic
Ok I found the correct thread this time. I picked up a Remington Tactical 12 gauge night before last. has the adjustable stockand the recoil is built in. I didn't want to miss out on this one either. Now the only other one I want to get is the Garand. My brother-in-law had one before he passed away. He owned a pawn shop and a gentleman came in to pawn the rifle and the WWll jump bag, the bayonet and the cleaning kit. Looked brand new. The man said it was his, he was in his 80's so more than likely true.

Attachments

Last edited:

cr_the_machinist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Here's my Bushmaster AR in 5.56. Swapped out the original 16" ORC barrel for a 20" government profile. Made in my good'ol home state of Maine. Thinking about getting a light weight 16" to make it more carry friendly. Using a Panther Arms rear iron sight (the only high quality fixed rear iron sight on the market for flat tops, I hate the detachable carry handles).

Then my Winchester Model 12 (12 gauge), pre-bumpfire ban. :headbang:

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The company North Eastern Arms, known for quality vz58 parts, is introducing a Canadian made AR15 to the market.
I'm thinking one for next year, can't hunt with AR15s in Canada though :(

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, I've gone ahead and told myself, I'm going to buy one, and thats that. They can gripe all they want, but its a fact, and thats the way its going to be. I need to buy one before obama decides to put some lame ass law out there banning them again like clinton did...

Boating accidents are nice, aren't they?
Yea.... that gun... well.... Not only did I lose it in a boating accident.... but I lost the boat too. :(

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Has anyone ever had a Howa brand hunting rifle? I would like to get one for the cost of it, size and look. I am a game hunter. Not much into target or just collecting.
One guy I used to work with bought one, seemed like a surprisingly decent rifle for the money. He managed to tag two deer with it before he quit and went to work elsewhere....

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
makes me wanna get some pics of mine to toss up here.. all of mine are hunting rifles except my m1garand. i love that thing... its fun. no sks' or anything like that for me.. i'd like to have one, but can't justify the money on it right now. now i'm trying to save up for a hand gun to carry. maybe a springfield xd.
I have got to handle both the XD and the Glocks....

After spending some time at the range with both.... I'll take the XD anyday. Although both handle and perform about the same, I love the feel of the XD and I love the grip safety with the trigger safety - less chance of it going BANG when you don't want it to (I have heard reports of Glocks going off in the holster because the leather holster became soft and pinched the trigger).

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
is it a bolt action? it seems i've seen one of those at a gun show, it said 'dummy rifle' on it, so i'm sure i just skimmed over it.

they're dummy versions of springfield 1903 rifles that were used during ww1 (some versions used in ww2 as sniper rifles...best seen in saving private ryan) just like some other guns that were used in ww2, and some that are still around today, the springfield was pretty much a copy of the german mauser.

besides the rate of fire, it was a pretty good gun, mainly due to the large caliber (.30-06).....there's alot of snipers that had kills over 1000 yards with them, pretty damn good when you look at the optics they had at the time
Not really surprising that there were kills of over 1,000 yards though.... I know a guy who shoots a replica Sharps Buffalo rifle - he says that most of the competitions he goes to are 500-1,000 yards and they have to use open sights.....

But yea, that is a helluva long way to be shooting.

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
It was silent but deadly.

A British sniper set a world sharpshooting record by taking out two Taliban soldiers in Afghanistan from more than a mile and a half away -- a distance so great, experts say the terrorists wouldn't have even heard the shots.

Craig Harrison killed the two insurgents from an astounding distance of 8,120 feet -- or 1.54 miles -- in Helmand Province last November firing an Accuracy International L11583 long-range rifle.

"The first round hit a machine-gunner in the stomach and killed him outright," said Harrison, a corporal of horse in the British Army's Household Cavalry, the equivalent of a sergeant in the American military.

HARRISON

"The second insurgent grabbed the weapon and turned as my second shot hit him in the side. He went down, too," Harrison told the Sunday Times of London.

The shots -- measured via GPS -- surpassed the previous record held by Canadian Army Cpl. Rob Furlong, who killed an al Qaeda gunman from 7,972 feet in 2002.

Harrison's shots were roughly equal to the distance between the Statue of Liberty and Battery Park.

Experts called Harrison's sharp shooting as perfect as it gets.

"When you are shooting that far, if you miss by a hair, you miss by a mile," said John Plaster, a retired US Army sharp-shooting instructor and author of "The Ultimate Sniper." "That is about as precise as any marksmen on the planet could shoot."

He said Harrison's targets likely never knew what was coming.

"At a distance like that they cannot even see anyone and they would not even hear the muzzle report," Plaster said.

Harrison, who fired the bullets while his colleagues were under fire, said perfect weather helped him nail the perfect shot.

"[There was] no wind, mild weather, clear visibility," he said.

Harrison learned of his record nine days ago, when he returned to England. In the weeks after his record shot, he suffered a minor gunshot wound and broke his arms when his vehicle hit a roadside bomb.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/sniper_kills_qaeda_from_mi_away_sTm0xFUmJNal3HgWlmEgRL#ixzz1Tjw8p0UQ

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
Ahhh yes, the glorious gun thread! I wonder what genious created this thread...:icon_twisted:

It's been forever since I've logged on last, but I figured a new addition to the collection is a perfect reason to get back on here again.

Had a great time at the Iola Vintage Military and Gun Show this weekend...and happened upon another gem to add to the collection...

Here's the new addition... It's a Remington 03A3 Springfield, made in Jan 1943. All original and damn near perfect condition, with stock cartouches in place.

Next to my other Remington 03A3, made in April 1943...

Some nice German weapons....Mostly MG42's.

A pair of U.S. Browning .30 cals.

Also picked up a Carburetor for the M4A3 Sherman tank....the guy had no idea what it was off of, and just didn't want to haul it back with him...$10 bucks...Knowing most people wouldn't have had even the slightest clue as to what it was for, I'm sure glad I found it. It probably would have been scrapped otherwise, and they don't make reproductions of these...

The Carter AFB 625cfm 4bbl looks like it's for a go kart, compared to the sherman's two barrel Stromberg...one of the two that are required to feed the 1100 cubic inch 18 liter ford v8 the M4A3 has.

I'll update with more crap next time I log on....

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Nice find on the carb!

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My new Canadian import/US Export friendly Kel-tec SU-16F should arrive at my house friday, w00t!

mud junky

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L/4.0SOHC
Transmission
Manual
few of my favorites

Stag Arms AR15. S&W sigma .40cal, Ruger super redhawk .44 mag w/ crimson trace laser grips, taurus .38spc+p modle 85 ultra light, mossburg 500 20ga. w/ pistol grips., mossburg 500 12ga.

far from all my guns, but as posted a few of my favs.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Here's most of mine:

There's a Ruger 10/22, Remington 1903 30-06 sporterized, Mossberg 151B .22, JC Higgins 12ga pump, and a Phoenix arms .22 pistol, the next picture is a Winchester .22 that I took the bluing off the receiver because it was wearing bad... The next picture is my newest a Beeman break barrel pellet gun, came with a .177 and .22 barrel it's not bad for $90.

I have more but they're at my moms, I had pictures until I burned up my hard drive...

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Applying for my lifetime CCP on Friday.:yahoo:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Applying for my lifetime CCP on Friday.:yahoo:
hoosier, arent you allowed to purchase a federal CCP? since you're military? the guy a dick's that sold me my mossberg was coast guard for a few years and he said he had a federal ccp. he can carry on planes and other places that a normal ccp is banned.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals