• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How to steal my 95 B2300

auto117584

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
... If you have to do something i would leave my truck at a safe secure location IE friend or family members house than get a dirt bike stash it in underbrush than ride to your truck...
This is a really practical suggestion. I'm just now DOING the safety stuff to the truck, and your suggestion got me to thinking... since i'm going to be doing backpacking, I might be able to find a place to park it, catch a ride from a shuttle or cab, to the trailhead, or rent a campground spot, which ought to be fairly safe. I'm worried about parking in a really remote spot, so probably I ought to just NOT park in a really remote spot. Unless I hide it. Thanks.:icon_thumby:

Research might show safe places to park for those using hiking trails in an area. For example, I can talk to the Rangers (the people, not the trucks).

Last edited:

auto117584

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Dang at least I was willing to put an honest effort into stealing his junk after I blew his truck up. :D
You're funny. That's why I thought I could say nobody likes you, in jest.

Hagan

08/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Who cares about your truck. If someone steals it then they will steal it. At least they didn't take your life in the process. Its just a truck and there are thousands just like it. If you are so worried just get good insurance on it and hope for the best. My dad leaves his Honda Accord for weeks when he goes back packing/hiking and has never had a problem.

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Who cares about your truck. If someone steals it then they will steal it. At least they didn't take your life in the process. Its just a truck and there are thousands just like it. If you are so worried just get good insurance on it and hope for the best. My dad leaves his Honda Accord for weeks when he goes back packing/hiking and has never had a problem.
Yes there may be thousands like it , but this one is mine. and that makes it one of a kind :icon_hornsup:

auto117584

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for putting this issue of mine into a healthier perspective. The theft insurance is something I will look into. And sharing your dad's experience helps with perspective, too.

Thanks! I'm gonna add to your rep.

:icon_thumby:

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
personally id wire up a fake kill switch placed in an obvious spot wired to an airbag. and then another to the fuel pump in a realy well hidden spot.. mabey one of those steering clubs that keep the wheel locked at a full turn, so if they try to drag it or push it, it wont go strait. best thing to do is have someone keep checking on it for you, such as a park ranger or a friend, or pay a local kid 40$ to keep watch on it..

auto117584

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
It IS just a stupid, polluting, expensive-to-operate, reason-for-oil-wars, and cause-of-US-genocide-in-oil-rich-countries truck. You're absolutely right.

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
4 Cylinder expensive to operate? lolwut.

auto117584

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
personally id wire up a fake kill switch placed in an obvious spot wired to an airbag. and then another to the fuel pump in a realy well hidden spot.. mabey one of those steering clubs that keep the wheel locked at a full turn, so if they try to drag it or push it, it wont go strait. best thing to do is have someone keep checking on it for you, such as a park ranger or a friend, or pay a local kid 40$ to keep watch on it..
I had planned to have a switch in the driver's foot area that deactivates the neutral safety circuit, so that when they find it and switch it, they'll get the truck engine to turn over. And then, ya, hide the other switch that breaks the fuel pump circuit. Hide it good. The steering wheel club is a great idea, too. That might prevent someone from even trying to steal it. More trouble than it's worth. The two switches, and maybe an air horn rigged to the interior light circuit, would be the back-up plan if the club fails. Hey, you get more rep! Thanks!

:icon_thumby:

statley chubs

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
take a shit in a shoe and dress it in some doll clothes. If the truck smell bad enough no one will want it lol. and if that dosent work the doll clothes will should have them thinkin ur not the phyco freak to f*** with unless they want to end up in a well with u lowering lotion down to them lol good luck

Last edited:

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
They would be more likely to set it on fire for shits and giggles than steal it.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
park it at home, catch a ride, or have someone drive it back.

auto117584

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
OK, fellas, thanks. I think I've gotten all the help I need

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
yep, insurance policy and fuhgeddabout it.

Or get a couple cranky Rottweilers and enough kibble and water for the duration of the hike, and set an invisible fence to keep them near the truck. (you will have to work some kind of solar power or generator to operate the invisible fence, but hey, no one will come near the truck after seeing the Rotty's

we won't address teh liability issue if the dogs bite someone at this point.... other than to say "Those aren't my dogs... Never saw them before in my life!"

:p

AJ

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
OK, fellas, thanks. I think I've gotten all the help I need
Can you take one more suggestion ?? How about parking truck near/next to a airshaft of a defunct mine-

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals