• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2002 Ranger XLT arm rest

RoxytheRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I can find an armrest for this truck. I haven't had any luck with Craigslist or junkyards, and I don't know where else to look because they're pretty expensive on eBay. Or if anyone knows of any sort of replacement I can do that would be great. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
You've mentioned all my favorite sources.

Between shifting gears, turning the steering wheel and drinking coffee or water, I don't need no shtinkin' armrests.

Skirbykat

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
You've mentioned all my favorite sources.

Between shifting gears, turning the steering wheel and drinking coffee or water, I don't need no shtinkin' armrests.
[emoji5][emoji16][emoji23]
Hahahahaha
I can relate

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1996xlt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I was in the same boat when I first got my 02, mine was missing when I bought it (probably met the same fate and someone chucked it.) You'll be happy to know that 91-94 explorers (possibly lower trim level 95-01 as well, but I haven't seen many) and 01-02 Sport Trac's use a similar arm rest. I found a cloth, prairie tan one on e-bay from a 94 Eddie Bauer (I think) shipped to me for around $50.

KYR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Realizing this is an old thread. Having just gone through this, I am somewhat familiar. There are two different configurations. One is the lift up short box for the 60-40 seat and the other is the assembly for the 40-40 seat, the true buckets with the elongated console. The latter is more problematic. It uses a poorly designed bracket and a long padded armrest that pivots up and back to grant access to the console. NOS can cost between $150 and $230 on the bay. That complete assembly with the bracket and armrest is part number 1L2Z-10644A22-AAA. There are multiple colors available if you look but prairie (tan) and charcoal (dark) seem to be the most widely available. It is actually 20-40 percent cheaper to buy the bracket and the arm rest separately. There are vids illustrating the simple installation. If you have the 60-40 seats, the armrest is different and may be part # F87Z78644A22AAH. Ford says that is thru 2001 but it looks indistinguishable from the part good thru 04. Hope this helps someone.

GT350HR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Nothing but Fords
I have a spare arm rest and bracket for a 60/40 seat in charcoal gray that I would prefer to trade only for a 2002 chrome front bumper . (Just the steel not the plastic) Mine is black and I want to upgrade. Located in So Cal
Randy

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals