• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

pyro4fun

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
small
Transmission
Manual
What brand are your tool pouches and where did you get them? I could use some of those to save more space for sure!

schanusa

November '08 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
impressive! i'll be stealing the tools list to carry, as i dont know every size to carry.

usually out of everybody im the one with the parts, tools and supplies.. its sad cus i dont carry alot... :icon_rofl:
Steal away, that's why I posted it up. Yeah, most of the time I'm the only one with tools and gear. I use to carry a lot more, but half of it never gets used.

One thing that I see missing from your tool list, that I recently started carrying is a couple of files. A small round one for a chainsaw and a flat or triangle one are my personal choices. They are indispensable for fixing threads on bolts, filing out burrs on u-joint yokes, sharpening knives, etc. Just a thought.
That's a good idea. I'll have to add one to my kit. The odd ball thing I carry is a couple of chisels. They come in handy and are small.

schanusa

OTOTM Winner
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What brand are your tool pouches and where did you get them? I could use some of those to save more space for sure!
They are "Workforce" brand bags. I got them from either Lowes, HomeDepot or Ace. I think it was Lowes, but can't remember exactly. Got them a while ago.

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

schanusa

OTOTM Winner
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Is that a disco I see behind your truck? lol my father's into overlanding and he's built this 97 disco 300 tdi.
Yes it is. Its a 96 with the v8. Wish mine was the tdi.

Your dad's Disco is pretty nice. I'd like to build mine up a bit and get some wolf wheels.

I got mine mostly when the Ranger's motor took a dump. I needed wheels to get around and I found the Disco for $2000.

I don't have any updated photos, but I painted mine last December. I have more info on my site and forum http://www.safaripacific.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i like that color green, i used a similar duracoat finish on my mossy 500. british dpm green

schanusa

OTOTM Winner
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i like that color green, i used a similar duracoat finish on my mossy 500. british dpm green
The funny thing is that wasn't the color I was aiming for. But it turned out good and I like it. Also painted the small trailer I'm building the same color. Speaking of which I still need to get that trailer here to California so I can finish it.

schanusa

OTOTM Winner
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
On another note, I've been considering writing a technical book on the kind of travel I do. Stuff I would include would be; vehicle setups, fabrication, gear, equipment, supplies, extended travel (fuel longevity), backup skills for survival, field repair, cooking recipes, documentation for international travel, solo & group travel, mental stability for 3rd world trips (applies to US&Canadians), sponsorship how to and all of the other areas of what I've done and experienced. I get lots of emails asking how I do different things, so I though the best next thing would be to compile it all into a book. Curious if anyone would be interested that. Email me if you would be. travis at safaripacific.com

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The funny thing is that wasn't the color I was aiming for. But it turned out good and I like it. Also painted the small trailer I'm building the same color. Speaking of which I still need to get that trailer here to California so I can finish it.
oh yeah, i forgot about the trailer. i plan to build something along those lines as soon as i get my b2 out of my garage. i just found a good line on cheap square tube.

here's my mossy i was talking about

schanusa

OTOTM Winner
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
oh yeah, i forgot about the trailer. i plan to build something along those lines as soon as i get my b2 out of my garage. i just found a good line on cheap square tube.

here's my mossy i was talking about
Nice.

schanusa

OTOTM Winner
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
First aid/survival gear is yet another area I changed up a bit. This one was a little different though. I had a group contact me a while ago to assemble a first aid kit that would be compact, but contained necessary items. I contacted a few people I knew in the medical field for advice and found some wholesalers that would allow small order quantities for supplies. The result turned out nicely. I also tossed in some basic survival gear. All said and done the kits ended up costing $120 each. While assembling the kits I made a one for myself and for a few for other friends/people that were interested. In my personal kit I carry some allergy medication and cold medication. (Note: I didn't have the fire starters when I took the photo.)

The case I used is a Voodoo Tactical bag with molle straps. With it being a soft case you can stuff it in a corner easier than a hard case. The four straps on the back allow to attaching to something like a vehicle's roll bar or a persons belt. I put all the contents in plastic bags in so if the kit got wet, the items wouldn't.

Case

- Voodoo Tactical MOLLE Utility Pouch
- Measures 8.5" Wide x 4.5" Tall and is 3.5" Deep

Survival Gear

- Gerber Mini Paraframe Knife
- Brunton Fire Starter
- Brunton Micro Compass
- Mylar Blanket
- Signal Mirror

First Aid

- Scalpel Blades (2)
- Tweezers
- EMT Scissors
- Hemostatic Forceps
- Vinyl Gloves (2 Pair)
- Surgical Tape Roll
- Safety Pins (6)
- 5"x9" Abdominal Pad (1)
- 4”x4” Dressing Sponges (4)
- 2”x2” Dressing Sponges (3)
- Cotton Balls (4)
- 1"x3" Non-Latex Adhesive Bandage (20)
- Butterfly Strips (5)
- 2 1/4”x3yds Conforming Bandage (1)
- 2”x5yds Elastic Bandage (1)
- Triangle Bandage (1)
- Providone-Iodine Prep Pad (6)
- Alcohol Prep Pad (6)
- Sting Relief Pads (6)
- Burn Gel (1)
- Pain Reliever Tablets (2 Packs, 4 pills total)
- Antiseptic BZK wipes (6)
- Ammonia Inhalant (2)

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I envy your organization skills, sir.

schanusa

OTOTM Winner
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I envy your organization skills, sir.
When you live out of a truck for months you end up learning how to be organized. Borderline anal....haha

schanusa

OTOTM Winner
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Safari Pacific has a new joint shop with Desert Worx Motorsports in Temecula, CA. Our new shop will be the home of our expedition vehicle building & outfitting services.

Some of the equipment here at the shop. Mill & lathe.

Desert Worx Motorsports mostly does off-road race fabrication. Currently prepping Sheldon Creed's ProLite after the Dodge V8 swap. Getting ready for the Tooele, Utah race next weekend.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals