• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

where to start 94' 2.3 2wd wantin to make a street legal baja/trail truck

$REBELCOWBOY$

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 cyl. 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
can anybody tell me where they think i should start? im gunna go with a baja style body 35 on the tires an 15 for the rims. cant find much for parts on beefing up a 2.3 4cyl. would like to get around 400-500 hp out of motor. an about a 4 in. lift

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
you will maaaybe get 200hp out of a NA 2.3...look on RDC for parts..and a 4 inch lift wont do much for yeah, especially if you wanna run 35s

$REBELCOWBOY$

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 cyl. 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
so what would you suggest for a lift then because i was thinkin about goin with a body an sus. lift. this is my first project an ive had the pick-up for about 3 1/2 years now an always wanted to make it look an drive like a pre-runner.

djschick88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 Cly
Transmission
Manual
Cheaper said than done...

When i started to notice the "baja/prerunner" style trucks i knew i wanted one as well but... It is expensive!

To get it to look like a prerunner its not to hard or expensive but whats the point if its not functionally a prerunner. Right? At least thats how i see it.

There are a bunch of companies out there that make suspension systems to get the functional aspect down and even more to get it looking like one. If you dont already know you will soon learn about extended/bent beams, coilovers, shockhoops/engine cage, deavers, by-pass shocks, bump/droop, and so many more things.
I would suggest to go over to www.dezertrangers.com and read read read as most people on here would probably tell you as well. Make sure to use the SEARCH bar before you post about things because if your new to prerunners the questions you need answered have DEFINITELY been asked before.

Im starting my first truck too. (as soon as i get a few more $$$ saved)

Quasi242

January 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
You WILL have to turbo that 2.3 to see anywhere close to those numbers, and even then it'll suck A$$ as a DD. Not to mention the $$$$$$$.

Oh, and 200hp on a N/A 2.3, is expensive and just as unstreetable. These are meant as circle track engines and don't see that power till like 10k rpms, and it just kills bottom end.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals