• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Duraspark Ignition

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone have a durspark ignition they could ship me? ive got all the info and am so ready to kick the god damn EEC IV out of my truck but theres no 2.8 stangs or pintos around here so i havent been able to get the ignition out of one. If anyone has a spare one sitting around or knows of one at a junk yard let me know your price and ill let you know what i think, thanks.

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone have a durspark ignition they could ship me? ive got all the info and am so ready to kick the god damn EEC IV out of my truck but theres no 2.8 stangs or pintos around here so i havent been able to get the ignition out of one. If anyone has a spare one sitting around or knows of one at a junk yard let me know your price and ill let you know what i think, thanks.
You can buy all the stuff at a auto parts store, there are part numbers in the tech library

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
You can buy all the stuff at a auto parts store, there are part numbers in the tech library
Everything except the wiring harness. NAPA does not stock the pigtail plugs anymore and I have not found another supplier. The last Duraspark swap I did (2 years ago) required trips to the junkyard.

There IS a way to do something similar WITHOUT having to buy most of the expensive parts (distributor and carb.) It involves using the round can type coil and redoing some wiring so that the coil and distributor are hot on ignition-start but that's all I remember. It's also possible to use the crappy carb with some mods. I know all this because I personally owned and drove a truck with the above and it worked fine. Just involves a bunch more research with wiring and such.

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
being in high school still i cant really afford brand new :) and Shran ill probaly stick with the basics on the tech library thanks though

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Buy a Mustang II distributor for a 2.8 . . cheap.
Buy a GM HEI unit for a Camaro . . cheap.
Pay attention to the wiring diagrams on this site or other, so special harness needed and if you are good, can look stock.

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Buy a Mustang II distributor for a 2.8 . . cheap.
Buy a GM HEI unit for a Camaro . . cheap.
Pay attention to the wiring diagrams on this site or other, so special harness needed and if you are good, can look stock.

I would but being in a small town all the stangs and camaros get bought up in an instant due to the rich people in the foot hills restoring them. Trust me ive been to all my junk yards around here scouring for hours to find nothing thats why i came here. Nightmare, yeah but thats just the control module and with that module id also need the distributor and a new coil since its a completely different system, if i did that id just get the whole msd ignition system from a parts store but again money is the problem i just absolutely cant afford brand new which is why i posted here :) thanks for helping though guys

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
No junk yard, Autozone or such. Distributor is about $45 and HEI is about $17.

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No junk yard, Autozone or such. Distributor is about $45 and HEI is about $17.
Well thanks, anyways someone here on the ranger station contacted and is gonna sell it to me for $40+$10shipping, pretty good deal as far as im concerned thanks for the help and advice though

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals