• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New here, getting ready to build my truck

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys, my name is Dan, I'm a motorcycle tech from northern NJ, and im getting ready to build my 97 ranger. its a 4x4 4.0 ext cab. Just wanted to pop in and put up a post to get to know who's here. I'm on all the bike/atv forums but this is the first one for trucks, im pretty familiar with my truck but im not all that familiar with ALL trucks. I have a photo of the truck up now it's on 33x12.5x10 goodyear wrangler mt/r kevlar on flat black 15x10 ultras with a 3" block lift to get em to fit since my other tires were beat.

I would like to go with a duff kit, around 6 inches. and the steering system as well. I dont have a welder yet, but ill get one off of a friend who has a few for sale soon and make some bumpers and a rollbar. I want plate stuff with D-rings and a winch mount. The truck is for light work and daily driving, also getting my bikes into the woods and light wheeling at first, until i get totally hooked on it and go nuts, but i want to build it up solid first.

Thats about it, this is a great forum, I've already learned a bunch from staring at it for hours on end.

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
Hate to tell you but duff doesn't offer a 6 inch kit for any RBV. The closest thing they have is a 3.5 inch lift. Welcome to TRS!

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
Man they do! Haven't seen there new stuff yet looks like its built really good.

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yea dude, i was going to get a skyjacker, but i like that this comes with upper buckets and dual shocks up front, more stuff to mess with haha. I really need the kit, i trimmed my fenders a bit with the 3 inch lift, and i get a tiny bit of rub here and there, but nothing to damage the tire, just rubs a bit on where i rolled the metal over. I dont want to cut anymore, its time for some fresh shiny parts.

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hello,im newbie in this forum.
Hello Candice, im new too, doing my whole build on here, forums are the best thing that ever happened to the internet, other than the other obvious. :sexe:

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
nice ride, do you have any big pics of your truck? looks bad ass in your avatar.

great to have more jersey people here too :yahoo:

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yea, im a photographer, im spraying an old bumper now, ill shoot some pics after its on and start a build thread later on. it does look beefy with the 12.5 wide tires, thanks

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Hello
Welcome to the forums.

I have a JD 5.5-6" Stage 3 setting here in the living room for my 97 Splash 4X4. I will be swapping it out for the Skyjacker Class 2 6" I am running now. I have been working on a K-Link set up for the steering made from 2"OD .25" walled DOM tubing for the center link and 1.5" OD .25" walled DOM for the tie rods. My brackets are beign cut by my Mothers cousins machine shop so when he is done I should be starting the install.

After riding on a Sky Jacker Class 2 for 12+ years I can honestly say the James Duff stuff is built alot beefier.

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hell yea man ive heard that from many places. his kit is also a larger system, including shocks, buckets(look awesome and are very strong) and brake lines. Plus, he returned my e-mail within a day, I'm a sucker for customer service. Could you post some big photos of the parts if possible? If not its no big deal, but their photo isnt very detailed and all the photos I find of the kit are already installed and not very good.

Thats it with the bumper back on after i gave it the Krylon touch. Also put in some big cheap-o shackles from Autozone in the back, I finally broke down and "got in the zone".

Last edited:

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
btw, does anyone know if i can run a 6AL box with a 97 4.0 ignition system? i have one out of my old suburban, not sure if it can be modded up.

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I will lay stuff out and shoot a few pictures. I am not an awsome picture taker but will do what I can.

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
cool man, i keep getting screwed for money and work, i almost have the dough together for a bunch of good stuff, it will be a glorious day! haha

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice truck man, I plan on getting those kevlars for my truck too in the same flavor actually. Welcome to TRS

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals