• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Water, water...everywhere...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
but not a Gen II Ranger to spare...

I just got back from my favorite junkyard where I have always been able to get whatever parts I needed...

There was not one Gen II Ranger...the only one I did find was a 93 or 94 and that was it...one Ranger in the whole place...and the puddles were small lakes that could be home for a few million fish...

Not the best time to be part hunting, but I did actually find what I was looking for...got a washer/coolant reservoir out of a 90 something F150...it's actually a bit bigger than the Ranger had and needs a bit of modding to make it work...but I tested the squirter and it worked...

Anyone else notice a severe shortage of Rangers in the junkyards? This could be a good indication of either their longevity or a sinister plot by the junkyard owners to get ours because we can't find parts...

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The reason there is a shortage is, the yards are getting rid of their late 80's and early 90's vehicles to make way for the newer vehicles that are flowing in. Since the newer vehicles will bring in more money.

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Damn... I hate that truth.

Old vehicles FTW!

sloue

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thats why i buy the first gens up ,no matter the shape. should be good for about 20 years
:headbang:

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
The pull a part here in Indianapolis has quite a few 1st and 2nd gen rangers and b2's. but they do not hardly have any 3rd gen, and nothing newer.

and what they do have especially the few 3rd gens are really picked over.

AJ

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know of a couple junkyards around that specifically advertise that they have nothing newer than 10-15 years old.

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just passed on an 83 Reg Cab 2.3 4 speed.

Carburated. One cylinder has no compression. Easy fix.

Guy just put 4 new tires on it and wanted his $400 out of it.

Solid truck, no dents, black w/ red interior BENCH seat,lol. Windshield wasn't even cracked.

I may change my mind if he still has it when I get home.
Too many projects at the moment, Spring and all.

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Earl! What's wrong with you???

Argh... I'd buy that without a wink. Damn sad it's too far to drive to NC tonight.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yeah, I'd grab it too...if I didn't already have two trucks to work on and no place to store them...lol...

I've got other yards that I can go that should have parts, and the one I was at usually gets a new crop in the spring...I only need a tail light for the drivers' side now but even that is usable with a bit of duct tape...and I need to get some trim for my steering column because I didn't realize that when I swapped out the tilt steering the trim is actually shorter than the non-tilt style...

All in all it was a great hike because their yard is huge and I always carry my 25 lb toolbox with me for that extra little bit of anaerobic workout...

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, I'd grab it too...if I didn't already have two trucks to work on and no place to store them...lol...

I've got other yards that I can go that should have parts, and the one I was at usually gets a new crop in the spring...I only need a tail light for the drivers' side now but even that is usable with a bit of duct tape...and I need to get some trim for my steering column because I didn't realize that when I swapped out the tilt steering the trim is actually shorter than the non-tilt style...

All in all it was a great hike because their yard is huge and I always carry my 25 lb toolbox with me for that extra little bit of anaerobic workout...
Mark trust me, buy a backpack I've spent an 8 hour day in the yards and it makes all the difference, especially if you carry power tools.:icon_thumby:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Mark trust me, buy a backpack I've spent an 8 hour day in the yards and it makes all the difference, especially if you carry power tools.:icon_thumby:
I've actually considered that option...but I've also seen guys with dollies and trolleys and other contraptions that are also tempting...usually when I go I know pretty much what I want to take and try to bring only the tools required for that task...and a few extras in case I meet a damsel in distress and need to rescue her from a dragon...

But it's still an option I'm thinking about...because you can never have enough tools...:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals