• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

what should i do

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 1995 4x4 that was originally from NY and it has alot of mild rust all under it, rear bottoms of fenders rusted out, but everything else is ok. has 215K on body with a "re-built" motor but im not sure. i have a few oppions. i could lift this truck like 6-9 inches and if i do that then i wont buy a newer one OR i could by a newer ranger and do the same OR maybe lift my 95 and just take it off road and buy a newer one and lift it but maybe not be to harsh on it.

What are yalls feelings about my situation. money is not a problem but i dont want to go CRAZY...

Milker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6
Transmission
Manual
if money aint ur problem send some my way, moneys my only problem

got with the lifting of the 95 range and buy a new one and be nice to it

personal opinion

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
im with milker, lift the 95 and get a new one to be "nice" to. BTW, where in va are you?

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
i have a limit on the money. i live in chesapeake

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
o damn, thats a long way from lynchburg...but you could lift the 95 and buy a new"er" ranger to be nice to

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
yeah i might do that if the 95 doesnt break before that. i was messing with it trying to get the ABS light out and i left it idling and ive never just let it idle and not drive it so after i just left it and was sitting in it the RPMs took a drop and just sputtered after that. so i shut it off, turn on and it was ok...til i let it idle again and it did the same so i drove it while it was sputteing and it was ok. SO its fine as long as i drive it and if i stop at a light or talk to ody it doesnt do it. IDK what the hell is causing it but its not to major...i hope

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
could be as simple as a clogged injector, fuel filter, etc...could be bad spark...theres a few palces to start. if my truck sputtered idleing in te drive, id have some reservations about driving anywhere

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
skip the lift, cut to fit some 33s and wheel the piss out of it. buy lockers, 4 inch skyjacker lift (the expensive one), build/buy bumpers when you have the cash. wheeling does not have much to do with money. with all the crap i have done to/with mine i think i have 2500-3000 bucks into it including the purchase price.

Milker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6
Transmission
Manual
if its acting up and ya cant fix it cheap

buy the newer ranger jack that one and take the 95 make it look mean and run it til the wheels fall off

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
yeah im going to replace the plugs soon, and i made it to nags head with no prob 120mi total. i just bought 31s. i think when i get a new one im just gonna drive it like theres no tomorrow. i would like to buy prerunner finders for it. whereld i find those at, ive hit up ebay but no luck

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals