• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Canuck Craig's Crazy Caddy Ranger!!

CraKel

February 2010 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
Here it is, finally she's almost completed. It's been a work in progress for a few years now but with little mods left to do I figure its ready to be shown off.

Modifications:

New Paint and Body stylings - Shaved symbols, tailgate handle and aerial, vertical caddy lights, steel welded rollpan, billet grill inserts, new black skirt n chrome moulding, crystal clear headlights and black corner lights

Rims - 17" x 8" 2005 Mustang GT with 235/55/17" Falken S/TZ01's

Exhaust - Full 2.5-3" Dual with Flowmaster 40 series muffler and magnaflow direct fit catalytic converter kit

Box - 3/8" Line-X spray on polyuerathane bedliner, best 500$ anyone could spend on there truck.

Engine - Cold Air Intake with K&N Filter

Interior - Black vinyl headliner, black carpet, black door pads, black rear wall pad, ford blue middle console and holy s*it handles, black seat adjusters, black seatbelt hanger, chrome diamond plated door sills / wiring enclosures, stock seats cut into buckets

Audio - Panasonic CQ-7000 head unit, 2004 Kicker 10" L7 with custom enclosure between the seats powered by 1x400W RMS Kicker ZX400.1 Amp, Kicker RS 5.25in component set with tweeters / xovers in doors, and a 6x8 MTX's in the rear

Still to Come:

Rear Axle Upgrade: Explorer or Ranger 8.8" with L/S, possbily discs if I can find an explorer one.

Re-Fab and re-upholster seats into 2 buckets with black/blue color scheme. Finish off with custom blue fiberglass wave enclosure for sub, i-pod holder and middle console.

Many engine mods to be done! the 3.0L has 306km on it now.. So when she blows I'm ready to drop a 5.0L in. Just getting all the parts together for the swap. $$

Thx, to all the help from my good friend Mike Arrigo who is a body work King! and everyone who has helped me throughout the years..
Hope everyone enjoys the pics and gives them incentive to vote me TOTM!!

Last edited:

constant_projecttruck

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I can't see the pics...but I want to.

Where are you in Ontario?

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Newcastle, bout an hour east of Toronto, 25min east of Oshawa.. i used the add picture in the thread posting but what do i enter to upload the pic?
It's trying to load them as it would from your local hard drive. You'll need to create an account on photobucket and upload them there. They will also give you the tags for putting the images into a post.

Pete

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
alright thx, ill try n get them up soon!

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
k all pics are up, sorry bout the delay fellas

constant_projecttruck

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Nice. I want to do the same with my roll pan but with quad round tails.

Did you buy that intake from ASMI on eBay?

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
ya ASMI.. only one i could find for the stupid factory air box location.. i was gonna make one myself that came to the front headlight housing but this one works pretty good.. i build the steel bracket though cause you dont want that shit rattling around

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
the rollpan was bought from FBI... possibly the best rollpan ive ever seen for installation. absolutely perfect fit, welded the pan in so it looked cleaner too

constant_projecttruck

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 Ford
Transmission
Automatic
ya ASMI.. only one i could find for the stupid factory air box location.. i was gonna make one myself that came to the front headlight housing but this one works pretty good.. i build the steel bracket though cause you dont want that shit rattling around
Yeah I thought so...they are pretty good for hard to find quality stuff.

'95 ranger

09/2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1989, 200
Make / Model
Subaru, FORD
Engine Size
2.5, 2.3, 4.OH
Transmission
Manual
nice lookin truck!:icon_thumby:

explodan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sweet ride nice touch w/ the caddy taillights the only thing i would change would be to try and sink the sub box as far down to the floor as possible otherwise really nice job

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here's something you could do with that sub box if it gets in the way, you could cut the center portion of your 60/40 seat off and then build a custom center console/sub box to put in the middle. Have the sub face the rear of the truck and you'd be good to go.

You do lose the option of a middle seat with that mod though, but it doesn't look too comfortable anyway.

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the kind words guys! Ya the sub enclosure I built to Kicker specs for the 10" L7 but needed to make it higher to fit between the seats so Im stuck with an armrest which is about an inch to high to be comfortable. The 60/40 bench is gettin re-modeled this winter into buckets and as you mentioned a blue fiberglass middle enclosure and possibly another L7 will be in the new box..and I'll prob stay with the black/blue theme for colours. It is still kinda a work in progress ;) but got the paint on my brakes today so it looks a lil' cleaner and some new pics are up!! Ill add more posts n pics as they happen.. take care of your Ford's lads.

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
Nice Truck! i love how well the shaved tailights came out. i always wanted to do that. lol

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
its actually quite easy as long as you get the right CNC shaped metal.. just tac it in, make a nice seal and the rest is simple body work.. hardest thing was re-creating the line to match the top of the tailgate.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals