• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Turn signals not working right emergency flashers

stantonxr7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 Ranger 4.0
Make / Model
1968 Cougar XR7
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys new to the site because I need a question answered.

I have a 94 ranger 4.0 5spd 2wd and the right turn signal doesn't work correctly. The left turn signal works continuously and is fine; but the right only works intermittently. I can almost always get it to turn on by turning the wheel two clicks to the right by hearing the turn signal canceller click. The times it won't work it shows the dash light stuck in the on position like their might be a burnt bulb but again as you continue turning the wheel it always comes on.

But.... Even when the turn signal is working (both front and back) both of the tailights are flashing as well. The emergency flasher was bad and replaced that. The emergency flashers work fine now, but the tailights flash the miscellaneous times that the turn signal actually kicks on.

Also, when the cruise is on going down interstate the cruise control is cancelled when I turn 0n the right turn signal. Left turn signal and cruise no problems, only right.

I was thinking that it could be in the combination switch (heard that there could be a loose wire so I wiggled them all and couldn't get any change in condition). Thinking it could be flasher units but checked those both seem to be good now. Checked every fuse-all good. Could it be in my trailer lights wiring. This problem just started long after the trailer hook up was wired.

Help me out with the probably simple solution guys!!!!

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If you have a trailer connector the problem is probably where it connects into the harness.

stantonxr7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 Ranger 4.0
Make / Model
1968 Cougar XR7
Transmission
Manual
thanks, ended up being bad factory trailer harness. everything looked good but somewhere internally it went bad.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
cool I was going to say take the trailer harness out of the loop and see if everything works.

CSyd77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1993
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6/3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
had the same thing happen to me in my 93, turned out to be a loose connection when i spliced in the resistor for my LEDs

trish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
hummer
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys new to the site because I need a question answered.

I have a 94 ranger 4.0 5spd 2wd and the right turn signal doesn't work correctly. The left turn signal works continuously and is fine; but the right only works intermittently. I can almost always get it to turn on by turning the wheel two clicks to the right by hearing the turn signal canceller click. The times it won't work it shows the dash light stuck in the on position like their might be a burnt bulb but again as you continue turning the wheel it always comes on.

But.... Even when the turn signal is working (both front and back) both of the tailights are flashing as well. The emergency flasher was bad and replaced that. The emergency flashers work fine now, but the tailights flash the miscellaneous times that the turn signal actually kicks on.

Also, when the cruise is on going down interstate the cruise control is cancelled when I turn 0n the right turn signal. Left turn signal and cruise no problems, only right.

I was thinking that it could be in the combination switch (heard that there could be a loose wire so I wiggled them all and couldn't get any change in condition). Thinking it could be flasher units but checked those both seem to be good now. Checked every fuse-all good. Could it be in my trailer lights wiring. This problem just started long after the trailer hook up was wired.

Help me out with the probably simple solution guys!!!!
It could be the bulbs are burnt out and have to replace them. I just replaced one of my front blinker lights. When one is burnt out the indicator flashing light on the dash board blinks very fast when I put it on for a turn.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals