• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hawaii on a budget

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, been there done that three weeks ago. :bawling:

One idea we kind of dumb luck found: She had asked for Target gift cards in addition to towels and all kinds of other household crap. Well we had a bunch of cards left over and they have a Super Target in Honolulu, so we bought cereal for breakfast, sandwich stuff for lunch on the go and sandals with our gift cards. Stuff was really pretty fairly priced too, higher than home but not as bad as it was made out to be.

Condo was amazing, two blocks from the beach, onsite parking... loved it.

Rented a car for the full time we were there, rush hours sucked but otherwise driving was fun, only regret was we couldn't afford a Mustang... next time (and I sincerely hope there is a next time)

I have been sorting/thinning/rotating photos since we got back, here are the first two days worth.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152407235@N06/albums/72157666048554499

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152407235@N06/albums/72157666064094019

Last edited:

Hagan

08/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks like you guys had fun. I love Hawaii and I can't wait to go again. Is that Waikiki beach? I spent a lot of time hanging out and walking around there.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Congrats :)

Looks like you guys had a great trip

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks like you guys had fun. I love Hawaii and I can't wait to go again. Is that Waikiki beach? I spent a lot of time hanging out and walking around there.
Yup, I loved that beach. It was nice after a long day of site seeing we would head back to the condo, change walk out to the beach, swim, watch the sun set over the water then walk back to the condo, change and then walk somewhere to eat.

That is only two days worth of pics, I have four more days yet to get uploaded yet. :icon_twisted:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Nice pics...reminded me of my trip to Florida with my Fiance-eh...she was French Canadian...but we drove and stayed in motels.

Good idea bout the gift cards...I used travel checks back then (1991). Gift cards would be better for some things...not sure if they are insurable or if you could have registered them in case they were stolen but might be worth looking into for future reference.

Ah, the walking everywhere honeymoon...sounds like a really nice way to ease into a long journey...:)

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice pics...reminded me of my trip to Florida with my Fiance-eh...she was French Canadian...but we drove and stayed in motels.

Good idea bout the gift cards...I used travel checks back then (1991). Gift cards would be better for some things...not sure if they are insurable or if you could have registered them in case they were stolen but might be worth looking into for future reference.

Ah, the walking everywhere honeymoon...sounds like a really nice way to ease into a long journey...:)
Not really registerable or insurable, for some reason people like to give gift cards more than money.

I had cargo shorts and kept my wallet in the front lower pocket so it would have been tough to swipe without me knowing it.

Day 3:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152407235@N06/albums/72157690426608336

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals