• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

85 2.3 intake swap

Harry Rathien

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I got an 88 ranger with a worn out 2.0 for dirt cheap. I've got a buddy with an 85 2.3 out of another ranger but its e.f.i.

I know the cylinder head changed a little from carb to efi. What I need to know is if the needed holes are there on the 2.3 head for the 2.0 intake to bolt up? I really dont want to go thru the hassle of changing a carb truck over to efi if I don't have to.

Thanks
-Harry

itlives

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey Harry, look in the sticky at the beginning of this forum, post #18. I believe that will answer your question.

vince87ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
As long as the 2.3 is a 4 plug head and not an 8sparkplug head the intakes should swap. Their is one bolt hole location i believe that is different from carb to efi intakes, but the heads should be drilled for both patterns. distributor will swap right over. I just question if the 2.3 will have the hole in the side of the block for the fuel pump. If it does swap your fuel pump over, if it doesn't your going to have to run an electric pump.

Harry Rathien

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I called myself looking thru that thread but I guess I missed it. Looks like I'm good to go.

Now to decide if I want to keep the stock 2 bbl or go to the pinto 2 bbl set up I have...

-Harry

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals