• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

First time putting pics up here

one1

03/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Bought my 1997 in June 1997, sold it, bought a few more, bought it again and decided it was a keeper. Been working on it ever since.

one1

03/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Forgot the stang

insane4speed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Any other plans for that truck?

one1

03/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I've been looking for a fiberglass bed cover for a few years, but vermillion stepside covers are hard to find, especially in the ones that lay mostly flat. I don't like the high rise or angled ones I see around.

I've had plenty of chances since 1997 to do anything I want, but in 15 years I've only seen one set I like and they were way too pricey. I WOULD have done the pony wheels in polished finish, but I waited too long and now everyone and their brother has a set so back to square one.

I'd change to bucket seats, but I actually really like the 60/40 tweed because they are so comfy and I have been leaning on that armrest for 15 years so I'm not looking to change my comfortable driving habit.

I bought a truck to have a truck, I bought the Stang to have a low fast car. I intend to keep them that way, that's why I have both....... so lowering the ranger is unlikely. I have considered bagging it so I could pick my ride height, but again I've spent 15 years learning how to drive this truck backwards, asleep, in a tornado, on ice.....so screwing up the handling and ride isn't much in my plans. You could improve it obviously, but if you are used to it, you're not doing yourself any favors.

So I'm sure I can come up with something to do if I try, but the mods I've done over the last decade and a half have been after I took years to consider them. I REALLY like my truck better than most anything so I'm really picky about it.

Right now it's been colormatched, bug guard, visors, striped, Eclipse head and Autotek amps I put in back in 1997 (old school 44 & 66) Focal mids and RF sub, flowmaster, and more maintenance parts than anyone will ever put on in mods. For instance I put new transmission and engine mounts on every 20k just to keep the 4 bangers vibration down.

I am properly anal about the truck which is why it looks like this at 160,000 miles.

Last edited:

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That truck looks 3 months old, not 15 years old. You obviously take a lot of pride in it. Nice work!

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Truxedo LoPro tonneau cover and a tailgate lip spoiler... Perfect solution.

BTW, truck looks amazing! Deserves STOTM nomination....

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
Trucks is clean as hell! Looks nice with the clear front lights.. Not a fan of the painted red lights tho.. Way cleaner than mine that is not even half of yours mileage. Nice to see that you are the original buyer and still have it!

Where does these interior door panels come from?

one1

03/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Panels? Interior is stock.

Thanks all.. :)

F8LBITE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Awesome truck! Don't be afraid to throw a few pics of that Mustang up either

one1

03/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I don't think I have but 3 or 4 pics of the car. I should take some.

Couple of the truck with the covers off the front. Forgot to mention I upgraded the tails.

Car has Flowmasters, K&N intake, Steeda Quadrant kit, Stage 4 clutch, adjustable dogleg shifter, etc......

DurRanged

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Truck looks killer bro, I kinda like the painted head light covers with the racing stripes kinda gives that hot rod look. Lay her out an she'd be a dream!

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
How come you have black door handles and trays for stuff in them ? :( I am jealous lol. I also got the ugly black rubber carpet in mine.. Must have been some options at the dealer.

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
How come you have black door handles and trays for stuff in them ? :( I am jealous lol. I also got the ugly black rubber carpet in mine.. Must have been some options at the dealer.
Yours must be an XL.
My old 98 XL had flat door panels, till I swapped in the XLT parts from a B3000.
Your visors are probably vinyl too huh...

one1

03/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
FORD was nowhere near as stingy in the 90's as they are today about carpet, chrome, sliding glass, etc. XL's had a standard package, XLT's had a standard package. Anything that differed from that was options.

XL's had solid rear glass, no power options, vinyl bench seat, radio only - no tape or cd, brushed emblems, no carpet, painted bumpers, grey headlight trim, plain door panels with no pockets, no pin striping, even the dome light was different sporting one light instead of two. Many XL's were sold without A/C, it was an option.

XLT's had sliding rear glass, carpet, chrome bumpers, chrome headlight trim, tweed 60/40 seats with console, chrome emblems, upgraded door panels, better radio's, if extended cab it had power locks standard. Pin striping was standard but I always pulled it off, LOL. Plenty more to list..........

The latest versions have 5+ trim levels and none have chrome, most don't have any carpet, Sliding rear glass is hard to come by, etc.......... just terrible what they did to the ranger before they canned it last year.

I worked at Ford when I bought this truck in 97 and they were much more well equipped before they cut costs.

Last edited:

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I think your truck would look sweet with the folding mirrors or even the 2006+ style mirrors painted to match the truck instead of that old style FLAG mirrors

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals