• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

cobra brakes

kamshaft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so im doing the 13" cobra brake swap on my ranger ve swap had 96 ranger front beams and spindles and then decided to get a frame of of a 2000 ranger and my kit doesnt work i just got them about 3 days ago and dont want to pay another 43 dollars to ship them back to canada and then another 43 for them sent back here to get the right ones any answers

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You're not going to like it, but you may be SOL. The difference between the brakes on a 97 and a 98 is the mounting bolts for the caliper namely their location. Not really any way to adapt between the two aside from maybe drilling a new mounting hole in the spindle. Honestly I wouldn't even consider that as an option. I'm not even sure that you could get the other bracket if you tried. I'm assuming that you bought Tee-Rev's kit over on TRS. Unless he changed his mind this was the last run of brackets, he only made as many as were paid for, and that's why they asked for the vehicle info (and brake size for the 98 up Rangers).

If you can't find a solution to use this kit some of the 98+ Rangers came with a 12" brakes that can be run by swapping over the spindle. You could go that route and sell off your Cobra brake kit.

Are you sure you can mount your body on the newer frame?

kamshaft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im sending them back and he is going to swap them with an extra set he had on the shelf :) woo

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Sounds like you got lucky! Better let him know how much you appreciate that one. I knew I had read about your frame swap somewhere just couldn't remember the details. Just spotted your thread on RPS (that I had replied to), on that note ignore the question in my last post. Pretty stupid to ask here when I believe that I was the first to say it would over there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals