• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

fuel lines and deleting canister?

brownranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
and the gauge?

New member here. I realize this is an OLD thread I am reviving but, maybe future searchers will benefit from my question and your answers on the topic.

So, I just bought an '85 Ranger. 2.3 engine. Been sitting for a long time and I want to go through the fuel system. I want to remove the fuel canister/filter and frame mounted pump so, I think I will buy an in-tank pump for a '92 as suggested in this thread.

My question is......is the '92 pump/sender compatible with my '85 fuel gauge? I'm hoping to just buy the whole drop in replacement and be done with it. Should I buy fuel lines for a '92 as well? This thing has sat since '99 and the old gas is stale or worse so, I may want/need to replace a lot of the fuel system.

Hoping to make this thing a good daily driver in the months when there isn't salt on the roads.

Thanks folks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals