• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Brake fluid level sensor bypass?

abs666

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My ABS light is lit and when I pull the codes I get code 12 which I believe is brake fluid level low. WHen I check the fluid level visually, it is fine. I am assuming that the sensor has gone bad and have researched it and as far as I can tell, The sensor isn't available without purchasing the entire master cylinder.

Therefore, I would like to bypass the sensor so the reservoir appears to be full to the ABS system. The sensor has three wires coming out of it, one of which appears to be a ground. Does anyone know how to wire them up to bypass the sensor?

Thanks in advance.

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ford will sell you an new one. It DOES NOT come with a new MC.

It slips into a tab locked slot on the underside of the plastic MC reservoir. I see that disconnecting the switch will work if you jumper the two pins together that aren't black. Black is the ground wire. This is a Power Supply to your ABS, so insulate that jumper from any metal or it'll blow a fuse.

If you simply cut the black wire, it will accomplish what you want, leaving the switch installed and connected.

I suggest you disconnect it and jumper the two (not black) wires together and make sure this is your problem before cutting or splicing any wires. (That's another option, cut both (not Black) wires and splice them together).

Welcome to TRS.

Last edited:

abs666

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Jumpering the two non-black pins together did in fact clear the error code. Thanks.

Ford will sell you an new one. It DOES NOT come with a new MC.

It slips into a tab locked slot on the underside of the plastic MC reservoir. I see that disconnecting the switch will work if you jumper the two pins together that aren't black. Black is the ground wire. This is a Power Supply to your ABS, so insulate that jumper from any metal or it'll blow a fuse.

If you simply cut the black wire, it will accomplish what you want, leaving the switch installed and connected.

I suggest you disconnect it and jumper the two (not black) wires together and make sure this is your problem before cutting or splicing any wires. (That's another option, cut both (not Black) wires and splice them together).

Welcome to TRS.

nismotunedgtr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My truck was doing this. After unplugging and cleaning the connector good it was fine. Also seen the float stuck at the bottom before too...

russjd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You don't even need to do all that to bypass...

you can make a jumper wire from paperclip and wedge it where the two non-black wires enter the sensor, black tape to protect it from grounding and your done, mines been working perfectly ever since i did just that...

:icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals