• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Front Bumper

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
I had a friend build a bumper for his truck, and after he got done he told me he got an extra set of frame horns cut out. So, I drove to his house and after a few days this is what I ended up with.

Frame horns. The three holes have 1.5" mild through them, and if I remember right (it was late when he told me) the plate is 3/16"

The next day, the top tube is 1 3/4". I know, the seam is on the outside. I'm not going to be hitting anything too hard, and if it bends.... its just a bumper.

This is the only real picture I have with the down tubes. We didn't have enough 1.5" tube, so they're 1 3/4". They go down, then we miter cut the tubes and then welded them to a tube that's welded to the leading edge of the XLT steering rack mount.

Skid plate. It bolts to the bumper in 6 spots, 4 on the front and 2 between the miter cut and the steering rack. There are 3 tabs on the top for lights. The light pictured is a 22" Vision X LED that I borrowed from him for the Barstow Clean Up on the 14th, but I got sick the 13th and didn't get to make it out.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
X2 get a shot at night. I'd like to see how they light up the road! Looks great

RedneckSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The bumper looks real good, not really a fan of the LED light, but I still would like to know how well it works.

94ugaranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
love the bumper man! i been wantin to make a tubed front and back for my 94. do u or anybody else have drawings, pics, etc for doing so? i cant design worth a crap but im a weldin beast lol. any help would be great

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
I'm extremely impressed with the LED for the little time I've had it on the bumper. Before, I had 2 halogen Hella 500ff lights on my stock rear bumper, with 100 watt bulbs in them. The guy I borrowed the bar from has 3 of those Kragen HID lights on his bumper, and based on what I saw from being in his truck, this thing is just as good if not better than those. I've decided that I'm now going to get some LEDs for my truck when I can afford them.

Streetlights only:

Headlights only:

Headlights and LED:

LED only:

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yea iv used those lights before on rhinos iv built and i must say they look great and perform even better

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals