• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Quality car car products

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I'm not terribly big on buy a lot of car care products, but since my new truck has that black plastic on the exterior that turns kind of gritty looking it it isn't cared for, I was wondering what people are using for this that dust doesn't stick too. I guess I'm looking for something that leaves a thin layer to repel water and prevent water spots from adhering to the plastic, but doesn't turn white over time.

Something that does the same for rubber around the windows would be helpful too, since water spots show up on rubber as well.

I would also like to know if anyone has used something that makes the tires look a normal black (not glossy) that doesn't attract dust and turn brown. I normally don't mind the normal looking grey of aged tires, but it seems like every time I get the truck aligned or have anything done to it they manage to find the time to do me a "favour" by coating the tires with Armor-all, which makes me mad to no end because Armor-all permanently screws up tires and they look horrible a month later.

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Heck, I'd write "NO ARMOR ALL" in crayon on the tires just before an alignment then LOL.

ASMODEAN

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 litres of ticking fury
Transmission
Manual
I only use 3M products (waxes, cleaners and supplys) on my '90 BII, my wifes van and the bike
they make a plastic cleaner and a few other products that are specificaly designed to keep the plastic looking new.
3M is a little on the pricey side (usualy found at an automotive paint supply store) but well worth it if you plan on keeping the black stuff black on your ride as for the tires westleys bleach white works wonders without turning the tires brown:bling:

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I haven't bothered with 3M because their products are way beyond pricey. There is no reason an 8oz bottle of anything they sell should be $13.99.

Heck, I'd write "NO ARMOR ALL" in crayon on the tires just before an alignment then LOL.
It's ridiculous . They didn't even align it properly. They used the wrong eccentrics. I lost track of how many times I took it back to get them to fix it correctly. They insisted it was the balljoints, which they had a problem with because I replaced myself. They didn't need to replace the eccentrics to start with. For some insane reason they "just figured" they needed to be replaced due to mileage. They couldn't align the vehicle, but they had plenty of time to put Armor-all on the tires even though the tires were new and had that new shine to them, which didn't last long after they put that crap on the tires.

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I'd just find another shop that doesn't try to blame everything on something else.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Waitaminute....

The shop thought eccentrics wear out? Moving parts wear out. Eccentrics aren't moving parts. Well, at least they shouldn't be.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
They stated it was out of spec and they couldn't align it because the "eccentrics wore out." I just figured that was their way of explaining it to their customers, since most people wouldn't understand what an eccentric is.

Anyway, it was a big hassle for me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals