• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

DIY: Ford Ranger Double DIN Install

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, glad I was able to help out a fellow Ranger enthusiast! Ever since I bought the truck, I had been wanting a double din for it. I love the way it looks, and the factory speakers in my truck are incredibly loud and clear for OEM, especially with this new HU having the EQ and Low/High Pass Filters.

Looking to get either a Rockford or JL sub/amp for it eventually to fill out the sound.

Airmaster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda,
Chevy
Engine Size
3.0L Stick, 3.6L Stick
Transmission
Manual
I really need to tackle this one of these days. Thanks for the write up! Did the carbon fiber cover come with your Ranger, I thought only the Mazda's came stock with them.

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, I have the "STX" Model Ranger which comes with the Mazda bed and a few interior changes, the "carbon" bezel being one of them.

brainbox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I plan to pick up this Reverse Cam setup soon to complete the install.

Crimestopper SV-5420.IR
where did you connect the cable to your head unit reverse line... I have a ford ranger 2001 and i cant find a detailed enough photo of this wire & location. I'm looking for something other than schematic preferably a color photo of wire bundle and wire.

NewShockerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've noticed that some kits like the Metra are more recessed into the bezel... your american international kit makes the head unit almost flush with the bezel... did you adjust it so it was like that or was the kit pre-defined so that you could not make it recessed?

I actually like your's better that it's NOT recessed... thanks,

I say this because the Kit that I see most people use is the Metra 95-5600 Double din.

Thanks,
-Nigel

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals