• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Electric Drills Brand Preference

Who do you think offers the most reliable & affordable corded electric drill?

• Black & Decker

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Craftsman

Votes: 16 12.4%
  • Dewalt

Votes: 52 40.3%
  • Milwaukee

Votes: 54 41.9%

• Total voters

Doom's Day Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
i use to work for home depot in the tool department and let me tell Milwaukee tools are the best but your are always going to have bad ones with any company!!!! The night crew had a Milwaukee 18v drill w/hammer and they beat the living piss out , like dropping 15 feet off the ground to a concrete floor ,throwing it around,and just out right doing every thing your not suppose to do to a drill!!!!!! They didn't care it was not theirs so there was no point to take care of it because they could always just get a new one!!! I had a Dewalt 18v drill and i bent the hell out of the jaws with my bare hands because it would not hold the drill bit i was using and had to return it!!!! I have a ryobi to , i have the 12v,9.6v,14.4v versions and they both didn't last to long but with the new battery that came out ,they run alot longer but just don't have the power i need for drilling steel and i kno0w i should be using a corded drill for metal but i do have a corded Milwaukee drill for that reason but its nice just not to run a cord when the job is light!!!!:icon_welder::icon_welder::icon_cheers:

myranger26105

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0v6
Transmission
Manual
i agree with that thought i have a dewalt corded drill and i love it just havent had the best luck with the cordless ones but every company makes crappy stuff once awhile

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well I blew up the first miluakee in less than two months. It was a combo of the shitty harbor freight notcher and me putting too much pressure on it. Now it gets real hot and makes a loud noise when operated. Luckily its within Homo Depots warranty period so I took it back and got another. Ill try to treat this one better as I'm confident it wasn't the manufacturers fault the first one failed. It has nearly broken my wrist a few times when I wasn't paying close enough attention. :icon_thumby:
was it the 5.4A model or the 8A model id say for shure go with the 8A one for notching I'm running the same rig now and be careful it will sprain arms

rangerguy1996

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i love my 18v XRP dewalt not a big fan of the lithium ions. seem to just drop dead.

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I've been using the same Makita 12v cordless drill for the last seven years, since 2002. I've got three batteries for it, all ni-cads, and I usually have one battery in the drill, one in the Makita flashlight I've got, and one in the charger. After I use them up in the drill, I throw the battery into the flashlight to take it down to zero. Then throw it back on the charger. As long as you discharge ni-cads completely, they will last pretty much forever. And the nice thing about it all is that if I ever need parts, Home Depot can get whatever I need. I replaced the housing on the drill after I accidently dropped the drill from the top of a bus and snapped it in two.

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I work with a community theater grooup that has a half-dozen Chraftsmen 19.2V drills & impact drivers that were purchsed about three years ago. These things get abused HARD! That's only because it's many diffeerent people invloved with this program, many of which have never used a drill of any type before.

Well, these thing have been dropped off of a 15' ladder, kicked, bumped, banged, and anything else that can be tossed at them. They still keep ticking and running like new.
If they can stand up to that kind of abuse, they can take ANYTHING!

ford1386

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I havent personally bought any but used them alot and they are far better than anything else a HILTI but for the price i would buy a dewalt. if money wasnt an option hilti is the best.

sledneck07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
my dad owns a overhead door business. he used to run dewalt cordless drills but switched to craftsman a few years back (kept blowing gears on the dewalts). we dropped them from 25+ feet onto concreat. only thing that happens is the battery pops out. pop the bat. back in and your good to go.
we are still runnig the one we got 7 years ago but mostly for a back up caus the bat drains fast now. plus you really gotta hold on to them when you have it in low caus it will spin my 170lb butt around no prob. if it catches:icon_surprised:. o yea its a 19.2 volt.

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
makita makes an awsome hammer/drill. I just got done using it to drill 1/2 holes through some 3/8 in steel. no problem no pilot hole took about 20 seconds a hole. sharp bits help, but this drill just blows my mind. just don't break ur wrist.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Milwaukee all the way. I've got the new one with the 18v litiom ion battery and you drop that thing into low and it will damn near rip right out of your hands it is a torque monster and the run time is good and even better if you get the high capacity lith ion battery

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Go red... Black & Decker and Craftsman are garbage. Dewalt is right in the middle. Milwaukee is where it's at.

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
makita makes an awsome hammer/drill. I just got done using it to drill 1/2 holes through some 3/8 in steel. no problem no pilot hole took about 20 seconds a hole. sharp bits help, but this drill just blows my mind. just don't break ur wrist.
I tried Makita before I bought my Milwaukee.

It was a great drill on paper but their quality control is horrible.
The first two I got had a crooked chuck and wouldn't spin the bit straight. The 3rd one I got had a straight chuck but only one of the batteries worked. If you can find one that has a straight chuck and two good batteries, it'd be a fantastic drill.

I gave up and bought my Milwaukee. First one I got was perfect and I haven't looked back :icon_thumby:

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
There are several different brands that are great but I settled on Makita for the most part.

I have 2 cordless drills. I cordless panel saw. One cordless impact driver and a couple of lights. Corded saws-all and circular saw.:headbang:

Makita 4Stroke string trimmer and 4Stroke Blower.

The only exception is a Craftsman hammer drill.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Milwaukee now has a 28V hammer drill and a host of othes that are offered

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Transmission
Manual
All of my "normal" power tools are Milwaukee. I love my 1/2" Magnum drill for doing just about everything that you need a drill for. My only real gripe with it is that it is sometimes too big, lengthwise, for the space that I need it to fit in. The Saws-All, well, if I have to explain it, then you need to go use one. You put a GOOD blade in it, squeeze the trigger, and let it eat. It does one hell of a Jenny Craig dop out at the buffet table impression!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals