• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

For Canadians regarding Bill C-19

Rotagotideas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
hey guy's this is just a post for the Canadian gun enthusiasts out there.
and for those who don't know that Canada has stupidly restrictive gun laws and a very thorough background check to get a gun license. It is nearly impossible to get any fancy fun stuff like the yanks can blast off. Handguns aren't allowed to be open carried (unless at gun sporting event or competition) or concealed carry, big fine or jail time if ya get caught. but at least we have a very low gun crime rate, is it because of it? maybe, maybe not, who really knows :icon_confused:

but anyway as i was talking about bill C-19... as many know we will no longer have to register our hunting guns ( or long guns ) or carry resgistration for them when in the feild or on the range. Ammunition must stll be kept separate from gun and not loaded when storing or transporting. It's a good safety thing IMO.
Will we see guy's putting gun racks in their trucks again? ya know you're a redneck when... :icon_rofl: :icon_twisted:
this will also allow us to go to gun shows in the states or gun shops and buy non restricted guns there and import them. :yahoo:
another little thing... I'm assuming that FMJ or Military surplus ammo is either restricted or prohibted. I have my pal but nothing i've read covers this directly. :icon_confused: :annoyed: would like to be able to buy some and bring it over because of how cheap it is (Mil surplus ammo) to shoot compared to store bought ammo. :annoyed:

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I am a Canadian Gun Enthusiast ... only thing I can contribute is that FMJ and surplus is non restricted and readily available in Canada

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My comments in bold.

but anyway as i was talking about bill C-19... as many know we will no longer have to register our hunting guns ( or long guns ) or carry resgistration for them when in the feild or on the range. Ammunition must stll be kept separate from gun and not loaded when storing or transporting.
Nowhere does it say ammunition must be separate from the firearm when transporting, only that the firearm must be unloaded.

Will we see guy's putting gun racks in their trucks again? ya know you're a redneck when... :icon_rofl: :icon_twisted:
It's completely legal to do so currently, bill c-19 does no change transporting regulations

this will also allow us to go to gun shows in the states or gun shops and buy non restricted guns there and import them. :yahoo:
lol no, you can't, you need proper paperwork(export/import) just like you do currently(again bill c-19 does not change this nor does it change American export policy)

another little thing... I'm assuming that FMJ or Military surplus ammo is either restricted or prohibted.
Military surplus and FMJ is neither restricted or prohibited. I have no idea why you would think this.
You need some education. I don't know where you're going your information from, but it is dead wrong and can land you in prison(ask an American border guard).
canadiangunnutz.com if you're interested in learning from the people who fought for bill c-19.
Only thing bill c-19 changes is we can burn our registration certs, nothing else is effected.
That is why it's only a first step to regaining our freedom.

Last edited:

Rotagotideas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Clairfication and thanks

thanks for the clairification on the ammo issue, I've been looking for info on it, If it doesn't say it's legal assume it's not just to be safe :icon_thumby:. I hope that if/when I buy some surplus ammo in a Military can that I don't get the dumb lady with constant PMS that doesn't know Fawk all about gun laws. :pissedoff: My cousin bought a archangel stock for his ruger and had it shipped to the border, then she (dumb customs lady) wouldn't let him have it, said it was "Prohibited" without taking a sec to look it up or ask another customs guy. :annoyed:
You need some education. I don't know where you're going your information from, but it is dead wrong and can land you in prison(ask an American border guard).
canadiangunnutz.com if you're interested in learning from the people who fought for bill c-19.
Only thing bill c-19 changes is we can burn our registration certs, nothing else is effected.
That is why it's only a first step to regaining our freedom.
everything that is posted is a summary of bill C-19 and an interpretation of some of the rules and laws in the firearms act and the crminal code of Canada
Ammunition must be kept separate
As in not in the weapon (loaded)
I've known handgun owners to put a magazine loaded up with bullets in the same case as their handgun but not put into the gun.
Cop was at range same day as a guy i know once and confirmed it was ok.
Gun rack - yes I know it's already legal, but be trigger locked and a person with a gun license must stay in the truck if it is in the rack. I was making a joke of it because whenever ppl I know (family & family friends) used to do it, cops would feel the need to stop ya & ask a ton of questions. :annoyed: I know it's their job and all.
lol no, you can't, you need proper paperwork(export/import) just like you do currently(again bill c-19 does not change this nor does it change American export policy)
CBSA Has way too much literature and about 50% of it seems like an explanation of how they can screw ya over if they feel like it. Everything that I read from the CBSA in relation to the firearms act and the criminal code made it seem like Bill C-19 would nullify the import paperwork required for non-restricted guns.
I still haven't read anything on US gun export laws (maybe i should put it on the to do list), so thank you for informing me on that, I will look into it.

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
US Export law is a lot more handcuffing to us, then our own import laws.
Just an example, we're allowed to return to Canada with ammo purchased in the US, according to our laws. According to US laws though, with out proper US paperwork, we'd be detained.
We can have flash hiders and folding stocks, US won't allow their export.

It'd be nice if we could come together and stop restricting trade between our borders.
I'd happily buy from US stores, and I'm sure some Americans would like to purchase the cheap chinese rifles we're allowed to import.

Rotagotideas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
US Export law is a lot more handcuffing to us, then our own import laws.
Just an example, we're allowed to return to Canada with ammo purchased in the US, according to our laws. According to US laws though, with out proper US paperwork, we'd be detained.
We can have flash hiders and folding stocks, US won't allow their export.

It'd be nice if we could come together and stop restricting trade between our borders.
I'd happily buy from US stores, and I'm sure some Americans would like to purchase the cheap chinese rifles we're allowed to import.
A guy at the local Gun club has a michigan small game licence so he can cross at sarnia and not get detained when bringing his favourite hand loaded rounds with him when he goes up to Sue st Marie to hunt moose.
And trade restriction garbage, Amen to that!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm sure some Americans would like to purchase the cheap chinese rifles we're allowed to import.
If we can't import them I doubt they would let us drive up there and drag them across the border. And if we can import them it would kinda be pointless to drive up there and get one.

Last edited:

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If we can't import them I doubt they would let us drive up there and drag them across the border.
Yea, I know, but a lot of Canadian gun store websites have 'we cannot ship to the US' all over it because Americans keep asking to buy from them.
So obviously, if you could purchase them from Canada, then a lot of people would.

Apparently they won't allow import of Canadian made AR15 rifles, either.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Apparently they won't allow import of Canadian made AR15 rifles, either.
Yeah, anything that looks so scary has to have X number of US made parts. If it is a sporting gun like a shotgun or bolt action they don't care so much.

Back when I was on a kick to get an AK that came up a lot.

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, anything that looks so scary has to have X number of US made parts.
It's pretty damn hard to understanding the reasoning for it. Must be why they just called the AK47 prohibited here instead. :annoyed:

I think Canada is do for a change. All the American hunters using AR15s on TV, I think we may see the AR15 reclassed as non-restricted.
Non restricted is the class most long guns are in. Currently our AR15s are classed Restricted, and can only be fired on government approved ranges.(No wonder why our government goes through so much money)
We already have SU16s, XCRs, various VZ58s in .223 and 7.62, out in the bush for hunting and the sky hasn't fallen.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think Canada is do for a change. All the American hunters using AR15s on TV, I think we may see the AR15 reclassed as non-restricted.
I don't see why they would be classed any different than any other semi-auto rifle.

They are fun to shoot but IMO overpriced for what they are.

Rotagotideas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I don't see why they would be classed any different than any other semi-auto rifle.

They are fun to shoot but IMO overpriced for what they are.
ball park figure of $1000 for a good AR-15. Overpriced? ya think?

3 reasons why they are classed as prohibited in Canada,
> 26" total gun length = prohibited
> 18" barrel length
< 5 round capacity for semi-auto centerfire rifle = Prohibited
though in Ontario we are not allowed more than 3 rounds in the gun while hunting :icon_confused: It's a provincial hunting regulation. :annoyed:

So if someone manufactured and sold an AR platform gun that had a total gun length of more than 26" and a barrel length of more than 18" with a 5 round magazine, then us Cannucks would be able to buy it and bring it over after going through the import/export procedures.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They are more than 26" long aren't they?

I know you can get them with a 20" barrel, stocks are easily longer than 6"...unless they measure them differently.

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
ball park figure of $1000 for a good AR-15. Overpriced? ya think?

3 reasons why they are classed as prohibited in Canada,
> 26" total gun length = prohibited
> 18" barrel length
< 5 round capacity for semi-auto centerfire rifle = Prohibited
though in Ontario we are not allowed more than 3 rounds in the gun while hunting :icon_confused: It's a provincial hunting regulation. :annoyed:

So if someone manufactured and sold an AR platform gun that had a total gun length of more than 26" and a barrel length of more than 18" with a 5 round magazine, then us Cannucks would be able to buy it and bring it over after going through the import/export procedures.
Ok, #1 AR15s are restricted by name by order of Canada. Not prohibited.
Competition shooters were able to save the AR from being classed prohibited years ago.
I can buy an AR15 with the same license I buy a handgun with.
I plan on getting an AR later this year. Well... an upper at least, to start working on.
As a present to myself for passing block 1 for electrician.

#2 Barrel length of less then 18.5" on a semi-auto center-fire would make it restricted not prohibited.
Same goes for OAL(measured with stock collapsed in Canada)
when below 26" on a semi-auto center-fire, the rifle is restricted, not prohibited.

#3 Magazines made for semi-auto, center-fires must be pinned to 5rds. This doesn't effect the rifle in any legal way. The magazine itself, if not pinned, would be prohibited.
BUT the magazine limit for handguns is 10rds. So, 10rd magazines made for the AR handgun, are legal and for sale in Canada. Plus they fit the AR rifle as well, so you can have 10rd magazines for your AR15 or AR magazine taking rifle. The SU16 for example.
Just to clarify, you can buy 30rd magazines for the AR, but they are pinned to 5rds.
This magic little 1cent rivet is supposed to prevent massing shootings some how...
Because a man bent on murdering people, wouldn't dare break the law by removing that damn rivet.

#4, AR rifles are already sold in Canada. What's funny is most are sold with shorter barrels than in the US because we don't have that SBR stuff.
Once under 18.5" it's restricted, and until it's under ~4" nothing changes.

$5 $1000 for a good built rifle isn't bad. What is overprice is the $900 I paid for a SU16! Ugh, they mark up the price because it's non-restricted and takes AR magazines.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
#5 $1000 for a good built rifle isn't bad.
It is a bit much for a paper puncher/varmit rifle to me. All depends on what a guy wants to do with it.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals