• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Should I?

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
is it really necessary? somehow i think that truck has other things that should be addressed before adding that.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
your frame is rotted, but you want power locks in a truck thats not on the road and doesnt run right?

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looking at your previous posts in some of the other forums here, i believe you should start with a different truck and use your present one for parts. i'm thinking your present ranger is just too rusty to be safe driving on the highway and has too many other problems for the money you have available.
maybe sit down and take some time to organize and prioritize your build to best meet your needs. start with the things to get the engine and electricals running reliably. next would be suspension, brake, and drive line problems fixed. after that would come body work, interior comfort, etc. finally will be all the add-ons, upgrades, etc.

just buying pieces randomly for a vehicle that may never see the streets due to rust and other significant issues will use up what money resources you have very quickly and still not have you in a reliable, running truck. keep looking and saving for a better truck to build on.

i know it's tough when you want everything all at once, to be patient and plan things carefully in advance. you'll just have to trust me that you will be much happier in the end if you learn to take things one step at a time now, when you are young.
just my $.02.

xnickitynickx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Oldsmobile
Engine Size
3.1L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Definitely what they other guys are saying. When I got my truck I wanted all kinds of stuff for it, but money saved is money earned. Definitely put it where it absolutely needs to be, you'll never know when a rainy day will come

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Agreed. You yourself said your truck would take alot of work to be road worthy. Just forget about trying to fix it, and focus on making more money so you can buy a better vehicle...

Another tip here... Go to the local bank, and get a savings account! Most of the time they'll give them to minors for free until they're like 20 before they start charging. Take every cent from your paychecks, and deposit it in the bank, that way there isn't the urge to spend it having cash in your pocket. Believe me, taking the cash out of your pocket and putting it in a bank account takes away the urge to buy useless crap, and it WILL help you to save your money so you can better invest it in a vehicle that is in better condition.

Last edited:

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Well, I am talking if all this is acheived.....

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Why waist money on that? I don't have power locks or windows...don't need them. Mine work fine as they have since I bought my truck new in '99. If you want to have them, buy another truck with them already there.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would never go out of my way to get all the power options on a Ranger, just not that lazy. I would like a power rear sliding window, but sure can live without it.
Dave

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I am thinking about getting it because I can use the other 2 for my dad's sports car

xnickitynickx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Oldsmobile
Engine Size
3.1L V6
Transmission
Automatic
That wouldn't be too helpful, the remotes are already programmed, it's not one remote per actuator so I doubt you could easily just split them up

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I want manual locks because I have family in "not-so-safe" areas, like Arcadia, Ca and Millville/Vineland, NJ

For anyone that visits those areas, or lives in them, you know the dangers.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you think that truck will make it to cali? lol

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I would never go out of my way to get all the power options on a Ranger, just not that lazy. I would like a power rear sliding window, but sure can live without it.
Dave

Amen, Bro!!!!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals