• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Stupid question.. Bed tent for the Ranger??

speedfreak87

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Not sure this belongs here, but it's in the camping section so I guess it does..

Anyway, I want to camp more because I'm getting sick of being around people.. lol! so instead of getting a regular tent and sleeping on the ground, I want to use my truck bed, what is a decent bed tent that will fit rangers? I see tons of tents, but nothing that is specific for the ranger. :icon_confused:

Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
GOOGLE !!!!!

Try camp rite truck tents...

I got mine from AutoAnything years ago....

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
why not build an offroad trailer with a roof top tent.. talk about sexiness there!

that way its easy to set up and you can store all your gear in the trailer, no loading and unloading... just hook up to the trailer and drive off!

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i am in the process of making a product for exactly what you're looking for, i can't say much right now, because of the stage of production it's at, but basically it will be a ranger specific tent for the bed... not sure on pricing just yet, i need to get bulk pricing from my supplier before i can calculate a cost and a retail, but initial impressions will be in the ballpark of the existing bed tents, less than a RTT, and much more durable than any of the above

Hagan

08/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why not just buy a canopy and use that? Its cheaper than a tent/trailer and they are waterproof and there isn't any setting up involved. I used to use a canopy on my old Ranger (it had a 7' bed though) and it worked perfectly. Just an option.

speedfreak87

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Why not just buy a canopy and use that? Its cheaper than a tent/trailer and they are waterproof and there isn't any setting up involved. I used to use a canopy on my old Ranger (it had a 7' bed though) and it worked perfectly. Just an option.
Canopy? you talking about a camper shell? I've thought about one of those, but they are more then I'd like to spend at the moment.

speedfreak87

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
GOOGLE !!!!!

Try camp rite truck tents...

I got mine from AutoAnything years ago....

lol! Yes, google would probably have worked. Seems like every time I do google something for this truck, I get everything BUT things for this truck.. I will look into camp rite. thanks.

why not build an offroad trailer with a roof top tent.. talk about sexiness there!

that way its easy to set up and you can store all your gear in the trailer, no loading and unloading... just hook up to the trailer and drive off!
I don't cap enough to justify a trailer like that, although it would be sweet to have.

i am in the process of making a product for exactly what you're looking for, i can't say much right now, because of the stage of production it's at, but basically it will be a ranger specific tent for the bed... not sure on pricing just yet, i need to get bulk pricing from my supplier before i can calculate a cost and a retail, but initial impressions will be in the ballpark of the existing bed tents, less than a RTT, and much more durable than any of the above
Good luck, and let us know!

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ask Nathan about the one he had, he really liked it

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Not sure this belongs here, but it's in the camping section so I guess it does..

Anyway, I want to camp more because I'm getting sick of being around people.. lol! so instead of getting a regular tent and sleeping on the ground, I want to use my truck bed, what is a decent bed tent that will fit rangers? I see tons of tents, but nothing that is specific for the ranger. :icon_confused:
Should put what truck you have in your profile.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Canopy? you talking about a camper shell? I've thought about one of those, but they are more then I'd like to spend at the moment.
Keep an eye on craigs list, get your measurements you allways see one with a for sale sign around here, the good clamps are a bit spendy tho gotta keep that in mind.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals