• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

87 2WD Ranger hauling weight.

Peregrine

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.Oh No
Transmission
Manual
I have an 87 2WD Ranger all stock original suspension. I need to get a load of gravel and was wondering just what type of weight I can realistically haul a couple miles over paved roads.

The weight of the gravel is about 1375LBs. I have had about 500lbs in the back without trouble, but I just dunno about that much weight.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 & 7.5 460
Transmission
Manual
Well I have a 93 2wd 2.3 5 speed and I had 1300 of scrap in it. It has 3.45 gears and 29" tires. :sad: Yes it is a pig starting on a hill.

R***A**N**G**E***R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have an 87 2WD Ranger all stock original suspension. I need to get a load of gravel and was wondering just what type of weight I can realistically haul a couple miles over paved roads.

The weight of the gravel is about 1375LBs. I have had about 500lbs in the back without trouble, but I just dunno about that much weight.
HEY give this a shot, it's only a buck and I bet you get an accurate answer,let us know.

Just keep it simple like this

( I Have a 1987 2WD Ford Ranger and need to know how much weight I can legally HAUL in my truck bed )

http://542542.com/about

JUST TEXT THE QUESTION TO ( 542542 ) :icon_thumby:

Peregrine

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.Oh No
Transmission
Manual
Went ahead and did it.... ended up just under 1500LBs in the bed... was afraid I'd hit a leaf and pop a wheelie. :headbang: Just was sad I forgot to load Lowrider on my mp3s for the drive home. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals