• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RumbleGoat Racing Ford Ranger #7314

Dzrtcj7

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I've been a long time Ranger driver and fan. I've also been a reader of this site since fordranger.com and Jim Oaks split from RRORC. It was actually those sites that fueled me to own 5 ranger base vehicles. Finally, my passion for rangers and racing have come together in the opportunity to be co owner and driver of a 2006 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4. We will campaign in the Best in the Desert series. Please follow along with us, as we need support from the Ranger community. We are working very closely with Ford Racing, and the need to hear about the enthusiasm behind the Ranger. We may also be looking for help at the races from time to time, so keep your eyes peeled!!

-----------------------------------------

For Immediate Release:

RUMBLEGOAT RACING CHARGES INTO THE 2008 DESERT RACING SEASON

Richland, Washington, February 19, 2008. Along with Goodyear Tires, RumbleGoat Racing, LLC, announces its formation and entrance into the 2008 Best in the Desert racing series. Starting with the Terrible’s Town 250 at Primm, RumbleGoat will compete in class 7300 in its specially prepared 2006 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport FX4 race truck.

The Ford Ranger race truck is equipped with Goodyear MT/R Tires, Racerunner Shocks, Total Power Racing batteries, Mastercraft seats, Autometer gauges and Parker Pumpers. The team consists of four principle owners that are lifelong off-road enthusiasts and competitors as well as professionals. Additionally, a volunteer team of up to 15 dedicated off-roaders expertly prepares and supports the truck.

“After years of desert pit support, short track racing, and off-road lifestyle, forming RumbleGoat Racing was a natural progression. The combination of the team members’ skill sets, careers and passions really sets us apart,” proclaimed Driver and logistics manager Don Healy. “Additionally, our geographic location is unique. We are bringing enthusiasm for desert racing to one of the largest, yet untouched, off-road markets in the country. Not only that, but while we are traveling to and from races, we are a rolling billboard for desert racing, our sponsors, and our team.”

RumbleGoat’s crew chief, Jose Ybarra, points out, “The choice of the Ranger for a platform was an easy one. With plenty of power, legendary Ford reliability and Ford Truck Motorsports’ two way technical exchange program, we couldn’t go wrong with a new Ranger.” Ybarra also noted that out of all of the tires on race vehicles that the RumbleGoat team has seen in the pits, the Goodyear MT/R experiences less chunking and fewer flats than the rest of the field.

Healy is a project manager by trade and Ybarra is a professional fabricator. Jim Moss, the team’s marketing manager works in business-to-business sales. Steve Walters is an automotive expert who specializes in body, paint and graphics to round out the RumbleGoat field.

Be sure to look for RumbleGoat Racing and the silver class 7300 Ford Ranger at the rest of 2008’s Best in the Desert races. RumbleGoat Racing can be contacted at rumblegoatracing@yahoo.com

#################

Click:

Dzrtcj7

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this. Did I post in the wrong forum or something??

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
Dude thats bad a## Post up some pics or vids or something and specs on the truck maybe.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I love desert racing!

I'd like to see some more pics....

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Cool, definitely keep us up to date!

Dzrtcj7

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the response!

Here are some of the specs:

It is a 4x4 with a 4.0 SOHC and an auto.

Motor: SVT Off Hiway ECM, UMP, Headers, Dual 3" exhaust and gnarly ass 4" mufflers. Engine oil, PS, and 2x tranny coolers. Custom 25 Gallon Fuel Cell, 2x Bosch fuel pumps, SVT injectors. I'm guessing around 240 ish HP or so with no internal mods. Wink

Suspension: Front -- 4x 2.5" Custom Racerunner 3 tube 2.5" Bypass shocks. Rear -- Custom Deaver springs, 3" 3 tube Racerunners. Class requires stock A-Arms, axles, etc. . .so it has a 31spline 8.8 w/4.10s and an IFS D35 front.

Interior: Mastercraft seats, belts, nets, limit straps, custom switch panel, Autometer Pro-Comp Gauges, Flame Out system, Parker Pumpers x2, and a pneumatic candy cannon (not yet, but I want one). Bumper to Bumper 4130 cage. We're still looking for the "right" communications system.

Wheels/Tires: Stock Ranger wheels and. . I think. . .16 or so wheel/tire combos with new 285/75R16 Goodyear MT/Rs (33s).

Full compliment of spares including front and rear ends, A-Arms and springs stacked up like cord wood, electronics, alternators, starters, etc. etc. . .

What else.. .hmmm. . .it has a badass, "Dead men tell no tales" antenna ball. Laughing and 3 tool boxes, hard mounted steering rack and driveline in the bed along with 2 spares

Dzrtcj7

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

We will have some action shots from practicing very soon.

Dzrtcj7

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

Last edited:

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
The only thing that would make that truck better is a TRS decal on there.:icon_thumby:

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The only thing that would make that truck better is a TRS decal on there.:icon_thumby:
HAHAHAHA:icon_rofl: I agree.

Thats an awesome truck, im really interested in desert racing. I cant wait to see more coverage of your season as well as some action shots. Good luck to you and your team, Gods speed, and be safe.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Hey!

I'd be all about that!

We'd have to figure out how we could contribute though to earn our right to be on there.

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
We are TheRangerStation, sooner or later he will come looking for our valuable advice and knowledge, they all do. :derisive: Although with the group they have put together it sounds like they have a lot of knowledge already. Maybe they just find that that they like us here so much and our dedication to the Ranger name...:icon_thumby:

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
im thinking a big "www.therangerstation.com" windshield banner and then that truck will TRULY be badass!!!!!

(Jim if you give it to him for free he's obligated to run it, free advertising!!!!):D

Dzrtcj7

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
You guys rock! I'm going to point our Marketing Director this way. He makes the call about what gets put on the truck.

Thanks for the support!! Rangers have a very large, loyal, enthusiast base, your support is essential for not just our team, but for Ford Rangers :icon_bounceblue:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals