View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
Mark_88

Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle Make: Dordge
Vehicle Model: Care A Van
I use this vehicle for: Space travel
My credo: Love Thy Neighbor
Mark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond repute

To answer the "how to remove" the clip, it's pretty easy...they usually just slip around a ring on the flex line coupling and you can usually knock them out with a hammer and screw driver...after you remove the line attachment on the inside.

If you are replacing the entire brake line from the master down, then you have less to worry about. You should, in the process, replace those lines anyways, and it's a good idea to replace the flex lines on both sides.

It is not difficult to do brake lines...I did mine complete front and back last year and the only problems I ran in to were getting the proper fittings...and getting a splicer for the rear line because I bought sections instead of a roll of brake line...just take a piece of it to the store with you to compare when you buy parts to make sure you get the right size line and the proper fittings for the lines...

The master has two lines usually, and the fittings on those are NOT the same size (from my experience)...so take those with you too...

EDIT: Oh, and you might want to invest in a good flaring tool, a line cutter, and if you are so inclined...teflon tape...(I used it on all my line fittings, but some say you don't really need it)...
1996 Ranger 2.5 (gone)

On-line manual link
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...94#post1581294
Mark_88 is offline   Reply With Quote