View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #9
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

Vehicle Year: 1995 1986
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger Super Cab XLT F-150 XL
PlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to all

I have crappy pic of my OHC and Visors.

I got my gauge pod painted and mocked up, I am still waitng on my gauges. I ordered an Autometer Z-series volt meter and oil pressure gauge ( I wanted something a little more accurate than the "dummy light" gauges that are on the cluster.) I am still trying to find bulb covers so the gauges will light up the same aqua color as my cluster.

The blue paint matches perfect

I decided to go with a dual terminal battery so it is easy to pull power for my extra fuse box and my amp.

Here is a pic of my fuse box that I rewired and installed it the pass side air bag compartment.

I used to two seperate relays that are controlled by one switch for the roof lights because I figured one 30 amp relay wouldn't hold up to four 130w KC's. I also ran a 12 gauge power wire to the rear of the truck in case I need 12 volt power for anything. (like my 40 gal desiel tank with a 12 volt pump). I soldered and heat shrinked all my connections.
I labeled the box so that you get a better idea of how it is wired up.

I pulled the bed off and dropped dropped the fuel tank. I plan to start cutting off the old hangers soon. I snapped a few pics of the new brackets.

Chevy 2 inch drop shackle on my new Ranger hanger. I am also replacing all the 14mm spring bolts with 9/16 grade 8 bolts.

I sat the new hanger about where it will be relocated to. I will have to modify the cab/bed mount bracket. and fab up a new parking brake cable holder.
==>F-OneFiddy Build Thread
PlumCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote