View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
PlumCrazy
Schotty Fab & Offroad

Vehicle Year: 1995 1986
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger Super Cab XLT F-150 XL
PlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to allPlumCrazy is a name known to all

I decided to do a little interior work before I tore into the suspension and bumpers.

Heres what I got done so far, I swapped out the nasty, musty, stained carpet for a full rubber floor (found at the JY in like new condition for 5.99). I also cut down the 60/40 seat to buckets and put in a full length center console (I was lucky enough to find an Exploder with a blue interior.). I don't have any good pics of the OHC or lighted visors yet though.

I paid 99 cents for a scrap of black nylon material at Wal mart and played around with my mom's sewing machine,(Its kind of scary how nice it turned out)

Goodbye carpet

My amp fits just right under the center console

I made a filler plate for the back of the console since I don't need A/C controls and the back.lol

I had to notch out the back panel and remove the cargo cover and net to make room for my subs

I also decided to make my light installation a little bit cleaner on this truck than my last one. I removed the cover where a pass side air bag would be located in the newer Rangers and installed a fuse box from a 94 that I rewired to fit my needs. I wired it so the first six blade fuses in the box fuse the six 30 amp relays, the six relays will power my fog lights, driving lights, roof lights, reverse/cargo lights, and my air horn. I also ran a power wire to my switch panel that off of one of the mini fuse slots. I ran 4 gauge wire from the battery to my new fuse box. I bought a battery with the dual termals (top post and side post) so that my 2 gauge stereo power and my 4 gauge fuse box power wire had a nice clean place to bolt on to.

I will snap a few pics of the fuse box and OHC tomorrow. I am still looking for blue vinyl/leather seats and a radio that will light up the same color as my OHC and cluster. I
==>F-OneFiddy Build Thread

Last edited by PlumCrazy; 07-29-2009 at 04:26 PM.
PlumCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote