• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch Master Cylinder Stuck in the Out Position

KJT123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello all,

I had to replace my clutch/brake pedal assembly do to it being siezed up. I removed the master cylinder from the clutch and i must have done something wrong.. maybe pulled the shaft on the master cylinder too far out from the plastic peice. Now the metal rod on the master cylinder is stuck in the out position. Does anyone know if this can be pushed back in at all or fo i have to buy a new master cylinder? The metal shaft is not disconected but just wont go back in. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KJT

KJT123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I should also add that the master cylinder is not yet connected to the clutch pedal. I wanted to wait to see if it needed to be replaced before i put it all back together. Will it just push in when it is all back together and i push the clutch pedal with my foot? Maybe just pushing it with your hand is not enough force?

Thanks,

KJT

cocoasranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That's right. If the master is full of fluid it's like pushing against a brick doing it by hand.

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It is hydraulically locked without being connected to the slave.

In other words, you are applying pressure and it has no place to flow to, so the rod doesn't move. The quick disconnect fitting can be depressed to allow fluid to escape, but you'll probably suck in air too, unless you have 3 hands so what is the point?

When you reconnect the slave to bleed, it'll move again.

KJT123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
THanks for the replies. I reconected everything and it is all good. Finally back to 30mpg instead of 12mpg in my Jeep.

KJT

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals