• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

thermostat and gasket order

levonskinator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
what is the order that the gasket and the thermostat goes on. It is engine, thermostat, gasket, manifold or engine, gasket, thermostat, manifold. also, which side of the thermostat goes into the engine side?

thanks

funkingonutz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Manual
the spring faces the engine....i just did my t stat yesterday....i don't understand the other question??? i put the thermostat in then the gasket then the waterneck....if thats what your asking

levonskinator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
yea thats what i was asking, thank you

i wanted to know what you put on first, the gasket or the thermostat. so the thermostat was on the engine, then the gasket, just to be clear?

McCormack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
While we're on the subject of T-stat replacement, self-stick gaskets (I get mine at O'Reilly's) make replacing the T-stat a whole bunch easier... position the T-stat in the waterneck, then place the gasket over the T-stat and stick it to the waterneck - now the gasket will hold the T-stat in place as you lower the waterneck into position on the manifold, and the gasket also stays stuck in place so you don't have to hunt and search for the gasket's bolt holes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals