• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New rear Bumper?

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
So the past few days Ive realized how stupid people around here drive in the snow. I almost got rear ended by a pontiac yesterday, and they acted pissed at me, so I about lost my cool, which is frowned upon by the local police. I'm thinking about making a scary ass back bumper to keep idiots away from me.
1.The first option Im thinking of is to make something like a truss, pointy end pointed back, just for the scare factor. But I dont want to get charged with endangerment or attempted murder, and also dont really want anybody killed.
2. I could very easily get my hands on a new railroad tie(legally, dont worry about that lol). Build some brackets with strap Iron that would bolt up to the frame rails, Cut to length, stain, and paint something like BACK OFF OR DIE in big red letters.
3. Leave the stock bumper until some moron hits me and get the insurance money, and sue for anything I dang well Please.

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
How about one of those heavyduty winch bumpers
I love 'em, but not on my street rig lol. I'm making one for my GMC POS right now actually. It's HUGE. I am taking off the tailgate of the gmc and putting up a net because the tailgate wont lower. I guess I was just venting, at all the Idiots that slide toward my pride and joy, when I posted this the other day.

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Here's what I built. I integrated it into my hitch, mainly becuase it's hard to avoid without removing it.... :) This pic is before it was complete. I've since added a diamond plate top and aux reverse backup lights.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
put a nice hitch on your truck with a nice shiny chrome ball. that makes nice cars stay away from my chevy

Last edited:

Joe_Roofer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990ish
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here's what I built. I integrated it into my hitch, mainly becuase it's hard to avoid without removing it.... :) This pic is before it was complete. I've since added a diamond plate top and aux reverse backup lights.

very nice!!!

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
put a nice hch o your truck with a nice shiny chrome ball. that makes nice cars stay away from my chevy
And a long drop hitch put on upside down so it looks like a pissed off Fist!!!

Yeahh!!

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just got to thinking, that bumper looks pretty bare under the tailgate, if I ever build a tube bumper I'm going to integrate a steel roll pan to have a "finished" look to it.

Chevelle Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a chain dragging on the ground does good. My friend had one stuck in the tailgate of the Redneck Express (83 F-250 that was falling apart) and we NEVER had someone tailgate us.

You'd be suprised how well that one works.

Ben-

rusty133

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FoMoCo
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
i would get something like a railroad tie and fab it up behind the original bumper and when you or if you do get hit it'll f-up their front end like you wouldn't believe. we have alot of retards here in Idaho also.

my opinion

ChesterSPL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I leave the hitch on my truck. Make sure you keep a new shinny ball on it and brake check when needed. Seems to work well

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'd rather hit a shiny hitch ball than a nasty rusty one.

Cheaplabor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
About a year after I got my truck I was on the highway, and two cars and a semi got together in front of me. I got stoped and was about to get out when a 17 year old girl rear ended me, she said she didnt see me. Traffic was going about 50mph. Her tracker had like no front end left but the hitch protected my truck just had to replace the bumper. I wish I had pics cause I was thinking my truck was screwed ontill I got out and checked. So I would just go with the hitch and shiny ball.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
nice big pintle hook in the receiver keeps morons at bay too.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
and if you want to save the front end get a grill guard. it'll save your ranger and the car you hit(experience with my chevy)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals