• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I feel wrong doing this but... MY K1500!!!

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
Let's get a little Chevy love!

My 1994 Chevrolet K1500, washed it (hosed it off) so I figured I'd take a few pics.

The engine doesn't look it but it only has 184 miles on it, no I didn't forget any zeros.

I have come to realize that if you are pulling out a Jeep and you have "Jeep Recovery Vehicle" on your tailgate the person in the Jeep will yell and flip you off.

Meats.

Remember Crazy Horse from Trucks!, yea I sent that thing flying out the first time I took it off-road, just like Stacy. :headbang:

So I did that to fix the problem, I know it's not pretty.

When all you tow is other vehicles out of the trails, thats all you need. It doubles as a boat anchor too, since it weighs 73 pounds.

Okay... it may be clear but OH MY GOD is it STRONG! And convenient for looking at my diff fluid for no apparent reason. :icon_thumby:

People say "Every scratch has a story", well I guess I can make "War and Peace" look like the "Little Engine That Could." It still shines enough so you can see the reflection of the toilet though.

Amazingly, I have yet to break the IFS. It sure makes for smooth landings though.

I gotta protect the transmission investment, with 3 coolers(counting the one in the radiator) it moved off of 105 once.

That's all I got, let me know what ya think. Oh yea, for those select few, keep the Chity Shevy comments to yourselves, I've probably already heard em all.

KELLY88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
That's a pretty nice looking Chevy. And that is a HUGE rear bumper. Good pictures. Also where's you get the clear diff cover?

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
Thanks! I like to lovingly refer to that bumper as my "anti-tailgating device" just imagine headlights bouncing right off of that thing. I got the diff cover at work, Trans-Dapt makes them it's 1/4" Polycarbonate. I believe part # 8412 is for the 8.8.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
That is the complete opposite of what I was expecting to see. I thought you were showing off a 1500 that you had just purchased from a rusting field somewhere.

It's a nice looking truck w/ respect. Impressed (I'd definitely rock it), and it's a head turner. Keep us posted when you DO break the IFS and decide to go to a better SAS. However, the visors are too much for me.

Have action shots?

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
Okay, the rusting field thing... 2 years ago you'd be spot on.

Thank you and when I DO break the IFS I WILL post carnage pics. It's pretty much set in stone that it will break I just don't know when, and I can't wait. Hopefully it'll be like when Petersons cracked the whole housing in half.

I was gonna toss the RacerBack, but under it the paint looks like a forearm before you donate blood. So I decided to put it back on.

No, action shots yet. I only had it out once since the reconstruction and my camera was sittin in my room. Would of been great pics though, flat towing a Wrangler over some pretty sick rocks. :icon_rofl:

irishblessing

yeah that diff cover is pretty cool i wanted i clear cover for my manifolds on my imapala but i cant find them that engign only has 184 miles on it lol who had it before you or is it new

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
It's new, well rebuilt a little better than stock.

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
a little too much plastic for me, but I had a friend with the same truck and it took alot of abuse and had plenty of balls

pickuptrucker

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 baby!
Transmission
Manual
are those polls sticking out the sides so your girlfriend wont run into stuff when she drives or are those for you? lol jk it looks nice. i like the tires and the diff cover alot

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
You want an aluminum front skid plate? I just tripped over mine again today. :thefinger:

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the compliments!

a little too much plastic for me, but I had a friend with the same truck and it took alot of abuse and had plenty of balls
I dread the day I shatter one of those bedsides!

are those polls sticking out the sides so your girlfriend wont run into stuff when she drives or are those for you? lol jk it looks nice. i like the tires and the diff cover alot
Actually, I bought the truck with them, then I put blue LED's in them because I have a SEVERE addiction to blue lights. And judging by the dent in the front bumper... they don't help me. :icon_rofl:

You want an aluminum front skid plate? I just tripped over mine again today. :thefinger:
Is it one of those stock POS ones?

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
Yea I figured, I already have one on the truck. It's in pretty good shape, for my 2nd one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals