• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

03 3.0 shake at idel

rangers92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
2.5 4cly
Transmission
Manual
My credo
no F**ks to give
my 3.0 has some noticable shake at idel. it also shakes a little more when cold or the a/c is on. i have changed the plugs wires the batery the serp belt the fuel filter i run fuel injector cleaner regularly. an i use 89 gas. the shake calmed down some when i changed the fuel filter. however i am getting great power friom my motor i am getting no missifres no over heating no knock or tick and it revs good. very smoth as well. i have been told all rangers shake specialy the 3.0 something about the resoneces of the unibody and motor?? just looking for insight. also in the summer im rebuliding the motor. all new water pump alt power sterring pump starter and ac compressor. along wiht maybe head gaskets and pistons. motor has 106k on it and starts fine. also while it shakes at idel the rpms stay dead still and constant and only increase a little when the a/c is on. just looking for some insite not worried or anything.:icon_confused:

dancron

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Ever try cleaning the back of your throttle body, intake air control valve, and your maf sensor? It smoothed out my idle nice when I did it.

rangers92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
2.5 4cly
Transmission
Manual
My credo
no F**ks to give
yep i did all of those i even bought a new idel air vavle but when i pt the new one on it seemed to idel worse i i cleaned the stock one with break cleaner as told ot and put it back on and it smothed out some. clean my tb and maf sensor to. i mean the shake inst bad it could proably just be me being picky becuas i need every thing perfect.

dancron

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
maybe a worn motor mount?

rangers92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
2.5 4cly
Transmission
Manual
My credo
no F**ks to give
more input?

Rearanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
my 3.0 has some noticable shake at idel. it also shakes a little more when cold or the a/c is on.
What's your idle rpm? I will say the 3.0 is not a smooth idler, at least to other V6s I have driven. You might also check your engine mounts. Also check for vac leaks especially in the PCV system.

also in the summer im rebuliding the motor. all new water pump alt power sterring pump starter and ac compressor. along wiht maybe head gaskets and pistons. motor has 106k on it and starts fine.
:icon_confused: But it's your money.

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F150
Engine Size
3.7L
Transmission
Automatic
Does it have the original belt tensioner?

03 EdGe 30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My 03 has the same issue.....ive went as far as to change the plenum gaskets trying to weed vacuum leaks out....still not solution....it drives me nuts!!! it idles like a dang diesel but drives smooth and enjoyable.Ive also had several people tell me for some reason that the 3.0 is a rough idler...i wish it idled like the 3.0 in my escape lol or had the power the escape does DOHC FTW.....

Rearanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
it idles like a dang diesel
Yea, my I4 Camry idles dead smooth, but it has a balance shaft system to even out the lumps. I'm wondering if this is just poor QC and or design in the balance of the crankshaft. I've learned to live with it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals