Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'MastuhWaffles'
November 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'ATX'
November 2014 MTOTM

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > PhotoPlog > Readers Rides Off-Road RBV Gallery > Off-Road Bronco IIs

Notices

Toggle Gallery Navigation
Navigation

Toggle Filmstrip - Go to Off-Road Bronco IIs
1990 bronco ii
89 b-2 d-44 9" custom everything!
updated.....
updated.....
updated.....
Current

Toggle Off-Road Bronco IIs - 89 b-2 d-44 9" custom everything! Toolkit
Click to view original

Image in Set Image in Set Image in Set

Toggle Information
Posted By camshaft01 [Profile] [Gallery] Category Off-Road Bronco IIs
Original Filesize 505.5 KB Original Dimensions 2000 x 1500
Date Posted 11-26-2011 02:07 AM Number Of Views 375
Number Of Comments 0 Average Rating 0.00
Title 89 b-2 d-44 9" custom everything!
Engine 2.9 fresh
Transmission Manual
2WD or 4WD 4WD
Tires & Wheels 35x14.5x15 on 32 bolt beadlocks
Suspension 6" front springs with custom long arms and mounts, rear 4" leafs
Axle, Gears, Lockers 79 bronco 44 with spool and 4.56 gears and yukon shafts and yukon solid joints and reid knuckles with very custom highsteer setup.
rear is a spooled 70f-100 big bearing 9" and 4.56 gears completly trussed and a pinion guard.
Description ok i have raised the engine 3" and made a custom engine crossmember with urathane mounts for the solid axle clearance, also the front axle is pushed forward 3.5" for better aproach angle. th foorboards are all expanded metal for weight savings andextra visual aid when a spotter isnt available, also i raised the trans and t-case for aided ground clearance, also mounted to a very custom trans mount and crossmember for added clearance. the radius arm mounts have been located to the outside of the frame for clearance ,also i raised the rocker panels 11" and added 2x4 boxed sliders. the front 8" of the frame is bobbed and i made a welded to the frame bumper to hold my 9k super winch. the optima battery has been relocated behind the passenger seat ,which gets powered by a 200amp alternator. the dash was created when i was removing non escential wiring (not fun)! the cage is a combo of dom and mold steel tubing, nothing less than .120 wall. the occupied compartment is 1 5/8 and most of the rest is 1.50 and 1.25 .120wall. 4 hid off road lights and full 360% rock lights , im in the process of converting them into led for less amp draw.pt cruiser headlights were installed to aid in the look of the tube front end. the rear end is dovetailed and soon to be four linked with a forsale sign on it. next is a ranger build cuz i havnt done one yet!

Comments
Not Available