• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

will sagging coils show up in alignment report

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
OK, i took it back to Kaufmann, they said the camber was off pretty bad. Im gonna put camber bolts on and take it back. Camber kits range from $10-30, is there any difference other than range of adjustment? -from rockauto probably.
Soooo apparently what I should have asked was - if you have an alignment done by three people, will you get three different answers. Evidently yes.
This is confusing, you took it back, they told you to camber was off, you already know this, and they're telling you it's off and they're not going to make an attempt to change it???

Go somewhere else, they want you to do their job for them, or do you want to do their job for them?

They are called camber bushings, Is your truck lifted? If not you probably have sagging springs.

Just about any parts store sells them or has them in stock somewhere.

Here's a picture of the left side of my truck (driver's side)
The evil player in all this is that bolt called a pinch bolt The originals were 12 point head in a recess.
Once the bolt is loose a small chisel or wedge type object driven in the clamp loosens the camber bushing and it can almost be turned by hand.

sickwilly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger xlt
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This is confusing, you took it back, they told you to camber was off, you already know this, and they're telling you it's off and they're not going to make an attempt to change it???

Go somewhere else, they want you to do their job for them, or do you want to do their job for them?

They are called camber bushings, Is your truck lifted? If not you probably have sagging springs.

Just about any parts store sells them or has them in stock somewhere.

Here's a picture of the left side of my truck (driver's side)
The evil player in all this is that bolt called a pinch bolt The originals were 12 point head in a recess.
Once the bolt is loose a small chisel or wedge type object driven in the clamp loosens the camber bushing and it can almost be turned by hand.
I had an alignment several months ago, they said camber was -.5; today they said it was like -1.5. Ive had the inner wear problem since before i took it the first time. I just think the first alignment printout was wrong. I cant see it changing THAT much in less than a 1000 miles. They said they would install the camber bolts for $70 for just the right side. I was thinking about doing it myself anyway, doesnt seem like a big job. I'll take it back when i get them on. Im a cheap bastard and i like to know how things works, so I really don't mind doing it. Plus the alignment had a years warranty, so that wont cost anything.

sickwilly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger xlt
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Denise, i don't have those bushing. They changed in 1998. Mine is adjusted by the top control arm bolts, the control arm slides back and forth in a slot.

Last edited:

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
Denise, i don't have those bushing. They changed in 1998. Mine is adjusted by the top control arm bolts, the control arm slides back and forth in a slot.
Oh. I should have looked at your very first post my bad I'm sorry, all along I thought we were talking ttb anyway I don't know why they're charging you for something they already did but that's how it goes

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals