3.0l Vulcan v6 with low miles...
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
That one guy with ADHD and doesn't stop talking about cars.
I'm so glad to be part of this community, this group, although my truck hates me, I still am thankful to have a truck, a roof over my head, food on my plate, still finishing application for the job my friend offered me, so I'm looking forward to making some money, a 3in. Front and rear lowering kit is about 600 and some change, it will be the first serious mod to my truck, today I am going to go buy led brake lights and install them, earlier this week a guy had his f**king brights on my even though I tapped my brake pedal, he eventually turned em off when someone came head on from other lane.....curse bright headlights, I got them for shots and giggles so I can piss off others who blind me😃

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: CFB3B5F7F32B37 Expires: March 30, 2020

PacificGreen1998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo

Pics are from last might, but I think my radiator cap was loose,so I filled it up this morning so going to see if it's still pissing radiator fluid....hope it's nothing serious....

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
today I am going to go buy led brake lights and install them, earlier this week a guy had his f**king brights on my even though I tapped my brake pedal, he eventually turned em off when someone came head on from other lane.....curse bright headlights, I got them for shots and giggles so I can piss off others who blind me😃
You need to get some spot lights mounted to your rear bumper with a toggle switch inside so you can blind them back. I've done that with mine when some ass is behind me riding my ass and have their brights on. Really easy to mount these lights and you can buy the complete kit with wiring harness and everything for around $20-30 online.

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead, Follow or get out of my way
Maybe it's the picture... but... does your coolant look like mud?

PacificGreen1998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
Maybe it's the picture... but... does your coolant look like mud?
No it was an additive I put in a long time ago and it's a little slimy, I'm honestly planning on draining my radiator and flushing it....but I might not have to, I don't think it's anything major and I think the cap was just loose...it's a very early 3rd gen so its had its problems.....

PacificGreen1998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
You need to get some spot lights mounted to your rear bumper with a toggle switch inside so you can blind them back. I've done that with mine when some ass is behind me riding my ass and have their brights on. Really easy to mount these lights and you can buy the complete kit with wiring harness and everything for around $20-30 online.
And might be something that I have to do, but I'd use a momentary button to be honest...still most likely going to be replacing my brake lights because they're the original ones from factory and they're not dim but there not bright....leaning more towards dim as that's all these new cars care....this time though I'll t o ke pics of process cuz they had to order more lights..they only had one bulb yesterday....I save up my spare change from buying breakfast and that's how I can get $6 to buy a couple led brake light bulbs....

Last edited:

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
So I now know why my truck started up so easily after sitting for 3 weeks. I left it at my parents house since they drove me to the airport. When I left the truck had a full tank of gas and was absolutely spotless. I get back and it has 120 miles on the tank and it looks like this...

Screenshot_20191206-111522_Gallery.jpg

My dad swares he never touched it which leaves my one buddy since he is the only person with keys. I'm on my way to his house to dump all this trash on his front lawn. :mad:

Saddle Tramp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
So I now know why my truck started up so easily after sitting for 3 weeks. I left it at my parents house since they drove me to the airport. When I left the truck had a full tank of gas and was absolutely spotless. I get back and it has 120 miles on the tank and it looks like this...

View attachment 34356

My dad swares he never touched it which leaves my one buddy since he is the only person with keys. I'm on my way to his house to dump all this trash on his front lawn. :mad:
Some friend. 😡

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '94, '80
Make / Model
Ford, GMC
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
At least he bagged it for you.
And check the wallet.... It might have something to help pay for "dump fees".

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
That's my wallet. :rolleyes:

Speaking of, I could have sworn there was change in the ash tray before I left!!!

Locotomb

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1986
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6inch custom fab lift/86
Total Drop
3 inch drop beams/88
Tire Size
35/12.5/r18
My credo
Fords and Drums
I took my stabalizer bar off for shi!s and giggles... Just got done putting it back on. Next I have to either extend or modify my radius arms for caster. I'm tired of driving a shopping cart. Now that I got some change, I might be able to do it.

Ranger850

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.

View attachment 34356

Your parents didn't notice it going and coming, while you were in GA?

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
And might be something that I have to do, but I'd use a momentary button to be honest...still most likely going to be replacing my brake lights because they're the original ones from factory and they're not dim but there not bright....leaning more towards dim as that's all these new cars care....this time though I'll t o ke pics of process cuz they had to order more lights..they only had one bulb yesterday....I save up my spare change from buying breakfast and that's how I can get $6 to buy a couple led brake light bulbs....
A momentary switch would be fine but it is nice to use these as work lights, that's why I wired mine to a switch instead of to the reverse lights. They make good work lights, way better than factory reverse lights. You could turn a switch on/off just as fast as a momentary switch. Just my 2 cents.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '94, '80
Make / Model
Ford, GMC
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A momentary switch would be fine but it is nice to use these as work lights, that's why I wired mine to a switch instead of to the reverse lights. They make good work lights, way better than factory reverse lights. You could turn a switch on/off just as fast as a momentary switch. Just my 2 cents.
I think there is a 3-way toggle available. Up is on, middle is off, and down is momentary.