3.0l Vulcan v6 with low miles...
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
That one guy with ADHD and doesn't stop talking about cars.
My original 93 seats were comfortable to me. The cover was tearing on the driver seat and had been sewn back several times. So I replaced with 2001 explorer seats. They’re pretty comfortable, also. Though I can tell that the foam is deteriorating at the side where the driver gets in and out. I definitely don’t feel any metal bars on my butt.

I was just teasing. Seats are a very touchy subject. Everyone has a different idea of what comfortable or even “acceptable “ is. If you can’t get comfy. You won’t enjoy the vehicle.
To be quite frank that's one of the biggest annoyances of my truck that don't have time to find a exploder seat back or a ranger seat back and the one on my truck is broken and been broken for a while plus the cushion on the seat bottom closest to the seat back is worn pretty bad......though I found a crazy good 95 ranger single cab with only 66k but it's the 2.3 mated to a automatic....price dropped.... and those 2.3 can be built for power just like they do in dirt track cars.....my rambling about this 95 is that it has a bench seat like a old 70's truck with no indents for your ass like some of the other base model rangers....but yeah......my seats drive me nuts.....hell the rear jump seats are more comfortable than my driver or passenger seats in my truck......thanks for the reply though....

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I left it in the driveway, took the train Downtown, and watched all the traffic backed up on US-50 as the train ran alongside the freeway.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0l Vulcan v6 with low miles...
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
That one guy with ADHD and doesn't stop talking about cars.
Found my old friend depression and the the hood alignment probe thing in the dirt at a building I frequent often today.....yep get to fix hood tomorrow and take a pic....pic of seat cushion was deleted by accident and I borrowed gramps f150 for the day so no time to tac pic of seat...

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Gave it a bath. No I didn't join it in the bath either you pervs. Wheels shine up really good though. Gotta love wheel acid and steel wool!

Attachments

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
215/75/R14 / 225/70/15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
I left it in the driveway, took the train Downtown, and watched all the traffic backed up on US-50 as the train ran alongside the freeway.
Did you know something that the other travelers didn't?

Took my favorite four wheeled machine down to get beer, need to do some research.

ericbphoto

Old Redneck just wingin' it.
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Did you know something that the other travelers didn't?

Took my favorite four wheeled machine down to get beer, need to do some research.
I like to do beer research.

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
I paid a guy to cover it in oil then had to drive through a construction site on the way home.... so.... it's looking fantastic! But ready for winter.

I wanted to take the new edge to get done as well but my mom saw how my truck looked and said HELL NO! I'd rather have a dirty truck than a rusty one. :rolleyes: I did do the first oil change on it today. Good lord what a nightmare, I am already hating this thing but my mom is loving it so I must endure.

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
215/75/R14 / 225/70/15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
I paid a guy to cover it in oil then had to drive through a construction site on the way home.... so.... it's looking fantastic! But ready for winter.
Are you referring to the Fluid film coating? If so how long does it last?

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
My guy uses krown, but its same thing as fluid film (oily waxy coating). It lasts one season. So I do it every fall, cost me 150. I use to do it myself but it cost almost 100 anyway so waaaaay easier to pay the shop to do it. Truck is now 10 years old and the body and underside have ZERO rust living in the northeast. That's well worth it on my opinion.

They drill holes and add plugs and spray inside EVERYTHING. how they do it for $150 is a mystery to me but until they raise the price I schedule every October.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My guy uses krown, but same thing as fluid film so yes. It lasts one season. So I do it every fall, cost me 150. I use to do it myself but it cost almost 100 anyway so waaaaay easier to pay the shop to do it. Truck is now 10 years old and the body and underside have ZERO rust living in the northeast. That's well worth it on my opinion.
My F-150 wouldn't look too bad but gravel dust/dirt get caught in pockets and hold moisture.

The front rocker on the DS of the bed is like unrolling and it looks like it is puking out sand.

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
The oil stuff isn't rubber under coating, its waxy oil film. They drill holes and basically inject it into all the body panels, spray down everything. It's a mess.... but rocks, chips, no issue. Nothing can "get under it" or "chip it" because it's not paint or rubber, it's just goo. Which is why it's done every year.

Best $150 winterizing you can spend.

ericbphoto

Old Redneck just wingin' it.
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
The oil stuff isn't rubber under coating, its waxy oil film. They drill holes and basically inject it into all the body panels, spray down everything. It's a mess.... but rocks, chips, no issue. Nothing can "get under it" or "chip it" because it's not paint or rubber, it's just goo. Which is why it's done every year.

Best $150 winterizing you can spend.
I wonder how that compares to the cavity wax we apply to BMW's here at the factory. It's a soft waxy mess. On hot sunny days, it drops out. But the insides of all the hidden cavities are coated with it right from the start, just after we paint them.

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
Buy a can of fluid film. It's cool stuff, you wont waste your money. I use random cans to coat stuff like bolts or terminals I know I'll take off alot. Its sprays on kinda foamy but then settles and soaks in then creeps into nooks and crannies. When it dries it's just like wet paint. It never really dries (its oil).

I use it on stuff like brake rotor to hubs instead of anti-seize sometimes. Mating surfaces like that, wires, studs etc. Perfect temporary anti rust goo.

snoranger

This page left blank intentionally
Supporting Member
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'17
Make / Model
All Fords
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
My guy uses krown, but its same thing as fluid film (oily waxy coating). It lasts one season. So I do it every fall, cost me 150. I use to do it myself but it cost almost 100 anyway so waaaaay easier to pay the shop to do it. Truck is now 10 years old and the body and underside have ZERO rust living in the northeast. That's well worth it on my opinion.

They drill holes and add plugs and spray inside EVERYTHING. how they do it for $150 is a mystery to me but until they raise the price I schedule every October.
I watched some drill the door on a brand new car and spray that stuff inside... I should have been nice and told him to roll the window up first. I wasn't nice. ;missingteeth;