3.0l Vulcan v6 with low miles...
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
That one guy with ADHD and doesn't stop talking about cars.

So a couple of things I forgot that my newer phone would allow me to upload larger files such as the last image here taken with the wider lens on my Samsung a20 because I used to have a Samsung S7 and the reason I remember just recently that I can upload photos again is because a buddy of mine said you should try uploading again that was your old phone that wouldn't let you because I couldn't find the charger for my laptop still and wouldn't you guess it he was right and my phone can upload photos to the ranger station unlike previously..... so today after my backpack got soaked in the rain because I forgot to take it out Friday night I got fed up with not having the topper back on my truck after a few months or so, me and my grandpa went to the ace in town got some of the foam that you put on the rails for Topper's to seal and we laid it on the bed of my truck, got it roughly aligned had zip ties holding the latch/lock mechanism, he lowered it down onto the truck while I had my little Maglite Solitaire with two lumens I only mention this cuz it was very dim, scrambled around for his knife and after getting it aligned and fumbling for the knife I cut the zip ties and was birthed from my Ranger it was damp and humid in there, if that's what birth is like that's horrible🤣 enough of my rambling I got a 3.0 liter gas-guzzling Vulcan V6 and I saw my gas gauge move like a Dodge Ram in the late 90s with a Magnum V8 when you accelerate (I know someone who has a ram like this) and then I got the topper on and I got as much gas mileage as a Toyota Corolla running on one cylinder😁✌

Last edited:

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Wait a minute... Shouldn't you be out turd herding? Where will Canada's poop go?!?!
I rerouted the sewer lines. It'll dump into your bathtub. Once your tub is full, it'll go into Dirtman's.

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
Yea, I'll do that...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Did a lil trimming today....

View attachment 32530View attachment 32531

Theres a ranger under there somewhere....
Looks like wile e coyote when he disguises himself as a bush trying to catch sheep...

I used my 2001 Ranger to move my tilt trailer around today that was extremely over-loaded with railroad ties. Then we used the Allis 185 with it's front end loader to bring a bunch of dirt/rock mix that we got for free from the city department. The railroad ties I got for free from an old friends house that a family friend bought after my buddy died. He wanted the ties hauled off because he's gonna have the house dozed down.

(My old friend Zack was killed when a man caught him f'n his wife. He walked inside Zack's house and caught them on the floor going at it, and kicked Zack in the head. One kick and his brain swelled so bad it killed him before he got to the hospital. The woman's husband is now serving a 4 year sentence for involuntary manslaughter. Zack and the guy were really close friends, but you could never trust Zack around your women. I said it since high school that Zack's dick would get him killed someday and I guess I was right)

I also used my little Simplicity garden tractor with the grader blade I built as a copy of an original Simplicity/Allis model, only wider.. It levels up dirt and rock very well. It leveled this dirt/rock pad very nicely. Much better than the Allis loader would do. I also bladed the gravel driveway while I was at it.

So I have a total of $500 in this little project so far. The price I paid for the used 12' x 20' carport. I plan to park my V8 Ranger on my 20ft car trailer and back it up inside the carport for winter. I measured and it should fit. (that's what she said)

Figured I'd park the truck in there for a quick test fit..

View attachment 32534
View attachment 32535
View attachment 32536

Dad on his nicest all original tractor.. Our Allis 210 is nearly as nice and all original as well.. We used a log chain and a set of spiked logging tongs I picked up for dirt cheap years ago. This tractor makes picking up and moving these heavy railroad ties a breeze.

View attachment 32537
View attachment 32538
On a similar note I bush hogged all the barn lots with my WD today. Been repainted once and looks like rust lol

Nice looking tractor, we have a customer that just repainted his dads 185. For just putting around the shop it seemed very nice.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo

Installed a led puck light that has a remote option on the topper to replace the other led light I took for my tent when I camp.....sorry to spam this thread sometimes....just feel like I might at times....idk...🤷‍♂️

sgtsandman

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011 & 2019
Make / Model
Ford XLT & FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC & 2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.5R15 & 265/65R17
Brake inspections today. Of course the FX4 was fine. Made sure everything was operating correctly and familiarized myself with how they did things on on it. Checked the XLT as well and put the winter tires on. The rear rotors only lasted 3 years this time. They're good enough to get through winter but I'll be changing them, pads, and hardware in the spring so they will be good for next year's state safety inspection. I priced Motorcraft parts compared to parts available at Advance Auto parts. The overall cost is comparable but the OEM parts lasted about 2 years longer. So, OEM it will be. The only reason I didn't go OEM last time was because I was still recovering from a dislocated shoulder and couldn't do the work myself and the truck wouldn't pass inspection.

racsan

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 (mostly)
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3/140-4
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/15
My credo
built, not bought
took the girlfreind out to dinner. Typically we take her car places on the weekends but I felt like taking the truck out, lately Ive just been driving it back and forth to work, and it rests on the weekends. Went to a local tavern for dinner, not far from where I grew up. nice evening & nice drive. I realized she hadnt been out in the truck since the trip in september. Next weekend I’ll be pulling the bed to replace the fuel pump, would of done that this weekend but I had a seal fail in the cylinder of my engine hoist Im planning to use and had to have the cylinder rebuilt. Its back now and I can finish the project, Im impressed that the inline frame pump I put in nearly 2 years ago is still working, but when I get to 1/2 tank it starts starving for fuel. rather annoying and I know at some point it could fail completely and I need to fix it right. Plus what good is a 20 gallon tank when you cant let it get to the halfway point , let alone lower. Once thats fixed I may be able to go 2 weeks on a tank of fuel instead of just a week. Be a good time to repaint the frame while I can get to everything too.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
Do you guys think a topper, especially a mismatched painted topper makes a truck unique? I ask because mine although it was same color as truck originally but after a failed attempt to paint it silver it made the truck stand out a lot and easy to find in parking lots....so thoughts on toppers please I'm curious.....

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Do you guys think a topper, especially a mismatched painted topper makes a truck unique? I ask because mine although it was same color as truck originally but after a failed attempt to paint it silver it made the truck stand out a lot and easy to find in parking lots....so thoughts on toppers please I'm curious.....
Pictures help :)
There was a woman in Houston who couldn't remember where she parked at a new shopping mall. It had 9 large parking lots. She didn't know the make of the car or what color it was, her husband had just bought it the day before. Security attempted helping her all afternoon and evening. After the mall closed and all the other cars had gone home they were still driving around in a little cart looking when she excitedly said "there it is, that's it!".
Sure enough there it was, and it had a canoe on top ;)

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Drove it through the Motherlode on Hwy 49 from Oakhurst to Placerville.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a black topper on a green truck, contrast looks ok to me.

ericbphoto

Old Redneck just wingin' it.
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
My wife likes white Honda Accords. Do you know how many of those are in every parking lot wherever you go? I gave her a front license plate with the dog's picture on it and we put a magnetic bumper sticker on it. That usually helped.

PacificGreen, Whatever looks good and works for you will be fine. I think your tonneau cover looks good and I'm sure not too many people have a green Ranger with that cover on it.

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
215/75/R14 / 225/70/15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
View attachment 32557View attachment 32558View attachment 32560
Installed a led puck light that has a remote option on the topper to replace the other led light I took for my tent when I camp.....sorry to spam this thread sometimes....just feel like I might at times....idk...🤷‍♂️
I need to get me some of these!!! They would help a lot with packing up the truck at night after fishing. I would need 4 or so to light up under my tonneau cover.

Any neutral color will work but black is a great accent color for any color other than black. I have a snap on tonneau cover, Black, that really makes the looks of my Ranger. I also had a white aluminum cap (topper) on my Grey and Black '90 F150, with the 5.0, that looked OK because white is a neutral color but I feel black would have been better. In contrast to that on my '90 S-10 Baja I ran a black aluminum cap (topper) during the winter months so I could still use the bed but this truck was black with the red decals so it went very well. I also ran a black snap on tonneau cover on my '86 toyota pick up that my brother and I painted Ford tractor blue. this look great also. One thing I have learned is that snap on tonneau's suck to snap back on in the winter months up here.

Last edited:

romcjr

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
265/75r/16
Removed and replaced the rear bumper today . I got it for $200.00 on ebay with the lights , brackets and hardware . I chose to use the oem brackets with a fresh coat of chassis paint . The po had some sort of mishap and the bumper was dented and starting to rust when I bought it . While I was back there , like PacificGreen1998 did , I replaced the light inside the topper . It had a battery corroded halogen bulb setup . I replaced it with a non-remote operated led light I found for $14.00 .