Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Drove it about 60 miles today going to a job interview and got groceries.
I wish you luck on the job interview. I'm currently looking for a job myself and the job search process is now insane. I miss the days when I could go in and fill out paper applications. Half the time a manager came up and talked to me before I could finish filling it out, asked me a few questions, and was hired on the spot.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

Dirtman

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
Give me money.
I wish you luck on the job interview. I'm currently looking for a job myself and the job search process is now insane. I miss the days when I could go in and fill out paper applications. Half the time a manager came up and talked to me before I could finish filling it out, asked me a few questions, and was hired on the spot.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0l Vulcan v6 with low miles...
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
That one guy with ADHD and doesn't stop talking about cars.
Basic glass cleaner will work great on windows. Wax tends to be a personal thing BUT application is key. Be sure to wash it thoroughly and then let it dry or mostly dry. Use wax as directed. Some are spray on, some are spray the whole thing and rinse off, some are wax on/wax off type of deals. If I'm feeling lazy I will use the rinse-n-wax which is stuff we carry at work. Spray it down with water then spray the wax on then rinse it off. It's not as good as hand waxing it but it works. I scored a tote full of wax/cleaners/meguairs for $1.00. All stuff was good too. Lucky me! Moral of the story is don't half-ass a wax job and it should turn out good no matter what you use. You should get the $15 harbor freight buffer and make it really shine. The wax costs more than the buffer by the way lol.
In fact I do have wax and other varying compounds and drill buffer but just do a quick shine here and there......as well as a metal polish and headlight compound called White Diamond and this stuff is amazing plus it's affordable......

rusty ol ranger

2.9L Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Hmm...what did i do with my ranger yesterday....

Well drove it to work. Hauled the transmission out of my piece of shit polaris to my buddys shop for dissasembly, then ran to town for mexican take out.

I realize rusty #2 is leading a much eaiser life then rusty #1.

G8orFord

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Let my daughter borrow it for a few days while her Jetta is getting some service at the VW dealer.:scare:
Then I get to do a complete brake job on the Jetta. The dealer wanted a little more than I thought it was worth, so I volunteered. :dunno:

Uncle Gump

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead, Follow or get out of my way
Let my daughter borrow it for a few days while her Jetta is getting some service at the VW dealer.:scare:
Then I get to do a complete brake job on the Jetta. The dealer wanted a little more than I thought it was worth, so I volunteered. :dunno:
The things we do for our kids...

Just wish they would even consider cleaning up after themselves.

G8orFord

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The things we do for our kids...

Just wish they would even consider cleaning up after themselves.
LOL. This "kid" is 31, put herself through college and graduate school, has a Masters degree and a pretty good job working in government contracting. She's done me proud and rarely (almost never since she turned 18) asks for anything from us, so I don't mind helping her out a little. It's actually kinda nice to be able to help her out with this since I don't get to do it very often anymore.

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
215/75/R14 / 225/70/15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
Let nature use its car wash to get the light coat of lime off from the lime quarry, it blasts around twice a week, that is located less that mile from the trucks parking area. It takes on a white hue if it isn't washed for a few days. With 2" of rain or more expected over the day why not think of it in a good way. :secret:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0l Vulcan v6 with low miles...
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
That one guy with ADHD and doesn't stop talking about cars.
What I did to my ranger yesterday was vacuum the carpet and clean cab for the 100th time......carpet in my truck no longer looks like a beach.....I will seriously attempt to post pictures today because my phone lets me do that sometimes......found the charger for my laptop yesterday but forgot to plug it in since I don't lift as much as I used to lifting a heavy trailer killed my back and the only thing I felt like doing yesterday was vacuum my truck and lay down.....man I tell you guys these little trucks with a v6 gulp gas like a $5 hooker trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose.....I'll drive like a slow little old lady and maybe get a few weeks out of a overfilled tank but most times a week and part of a second week will be all I get out of a tank......makes me want one of those rice burner 4 banger's........probably going to polish my front bumper today for shits and giggles because the remains of Old Green's oxidized front bumper linger since I took off the old front license plate I put on for my gramps a few years back....before I knew about never seize so need to buy some.....still love her and daily her but wouldn't mind a 2.7l ecoboost with that 6 speed swapped into it.......:sneaky:

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
They rejected me! Actually, I contacted them regarding a stupid manager position to make some money and just quit and run when something else comes up. They demand 24/7/365 availability. That doesn't work because I'm out of cell phone service range on my days off.

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
215/75/R14 / 225/70/15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
They rejected me! Actually, I contacted them regarding a stupid manager position to make some money and just quit and run when something else comes up. They demand 24/7/365 availability. That doesn't work because I'm out of cell phone service range on my days off.
Almost sounds like they would be the type to call you while you're on vacation from that company. There are times I like being out of cell phone range, by this I mean I turn it off when I get annoyed with it.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Almost sounds like they would be the type to call you while you're on vacation from that company. There are times I like being out of cell phone range, by this I mean I turn it off when I get annoyed with it.
This is one of my biggest complaints about jobs today. They expect us to sit at home in case something comes up. I got 'let go' after working two weeks at a job I got back in February. I wasn't told anything about being on-call when I was hired. They tried to call me the first weekend and I was out of cell phone range. The following week they called when I was mowing the lawn after work and I didn't hear it and I'm not the type who check my phone continuously, so I didn't know they called until they asked me about it the next day. The second weekend comes up and I'm up in the mountains again with no cell phone service when they call. They ask me why I never answer my phone the following Monday. I told them I do things on the weekends, and since I was told this wasn't an on-call position I left the house. They further clarified that no, I wasn't expected to be on-call. The next day they kicked me out after telling me they need someone who will be available when they need them.

Also, I've had rotating on-call positions in the past. During that time I think I had one time where I received two calls in a week. Most of the time I didn't get a call. I don't know what was wrong with this particular place.

8thTon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed
Pretty sure PA is west of NJ. I've been east of NJ and it's really, really wet out there.
There is a place in PA that is due East of NJ: 40°34'28.0"N 75°08'15.4"W