• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

water leak.

robo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 92 extended cab it has a water leaking on the passenger floor any ideas
thanks Robo

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
I have a 92 extended cab it has a water leaking on the passenger floor any ideas
thanks Robo
Possibly either a heater core or a windshield leak.

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
possibly this...
Which is some major work to fix.. trust me, a lil over a year later and im still working on it!

jv982

Reaction score
My '90 was leaking for a long time. It was making the headliner wet in the very front right hand side and dripping on the floor.

I had the winsheild replaced twice and that didn't fix it. I got up on the roof with a garden hose and saw that the leak was coming from the rain gutter. The seam sealer that filled the gutter was all old and cracking. I scraped it all out and put in some new 3m seam sealer. I let it dry and then painted over it. That fixed it. No more leaking.

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My '90 was leaking for a long time. It was making the headliner wet in the very front right hand side and dripping on the floor.

I had the winsheild replaced twice and that didn't fix it. I got up on the roof with a garden hose and saw that the leak was coming from the rain gutter. The seam sealer that filled the gutter was all old and cracking. I scraped it all out and put in some new 3m seam sealer. I let it dry and then painted over it. That fixed it. No more leaking.

Mine has that on top of all the rust too lol.

bullitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah i get the same thing bad , more so in the winter when it's just constantly wet from me starting it in the morning with snow all over it and whatnot, and running the heat....and when it rains it leaks in through the top corner on the driverside, and soaks the headliner, and the back window is starting too...it a mess. I hope to fix it and alot of other stuff this winter...talk to Zman...he can show you some sweet pics of a rusted out roof.

bronc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Mine was the heater core when my pass. side floor was wet.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals